• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP, Athlon and Biostar wont' boot,,, again,,

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godemiche

Registered
hey guys, ever since i got my new biostar m7ncd pro i have had nothing but trouble. When i first got it, put together hit the button and nothing, not even a post, the fans turn on and that's about it... then about 3 days of messing with it, i finally got it to boot, (all i did was put more thermal stuff on the cpu than before) so then i was happy ,,, up and running like a champ for a couple weeks, then just a few days ago, bam,,, back to nothing but fans coming on, it doesn't even make that beep when i turn it on.. SO,,, i try a different motherboard,,, my older Biostar M7VIT pro, which is not a nforce2 like the m7ncd,,,,, SAME damn thing, it wouldn't boot for like the first hour of trying stuff,,, then out of the blue it works fine for a day and now it just locks up in windows, and then now i can't get it to boot again,,,,

btw,,,, i was running it at stock speed after switching to the other board,,,,, WTF?? is going on ,,,, there is a ghost in my computer,,,,

I even started looking at Pentium 4's on ebay this morning,,,

Help me guys,,,, pleeeease,,,,

the core looks fine, not cracked,
i don't think its a processor problem since i had this problem at the beginning, and now it's come back after running fine for weeks.

Holy jeebers, the EXACT thing happened to me with my M7NCD Pro and Barton 2500+. I just RMAed the motherboard yesterday, so I hope they will send me a new one. Damn Biostar to helll.....

so you think it's just the Biostar boards??

i have tried it on 2 different biostar's and same thing,,,,
at first i thought it was just the nforce2 crappin out on me,,

If all biostar's did this, they wouldn't sell, so why is it just me with 2 different biostar's that are ****??

and yes,,, DAMN biostar to hell

Well Biostar is known as a cheaper brand, I dont know why the M7NCD Pro is bad though, it got such great reviews.

Also, it couldn't be a power supply problem because the whole system was up and running for about 2 weeks,,,

ill bet its ur pc case or something near ur pc thats shorting it out

i troubleshoot this symtom by placing the mobo on a flat surface
and booting it out of the case

-check mobo battery
-ground urself
-clear cmos
-change pws: could be main reason though:
-try cpu on a different mobo

-if all fails RMA it

but i know for a fact that board is a must have so try ur best

to get her going - price/performance on that board is the best today i think-

Back