• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing my old athlon t-bird..help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dalilman52

i was thinking about OCing my old t-bird and the specs for it are 9x100 - 900 mHz, im thinking of pushing the fsb up to 133 and lower the multiplier to around 7 or 8 becuase it cant do above 1000 mHz stable at ALL. so maybe at 133 mHz fsb would it make the pc2100 ram do more speed? ive heard that if ur fsb is low, that makes ur ram slow too. o well, anyhow, what would be the best way to do this and i need suggestions on anything else i should do...say maybe kick the fsb up to 16 and lower the multi to say around...5 or 6? but the question is would my ram be able to handle it...the specs for my ram is in my sig
________
Paxil Attorneys

Last edited:
7.5x133 is what i ran my 800 athlon at, wroked great, and yes it will improve your performance to run the ram at 133 instead of 100.

fyi, not all chips will do 166fsb, especially the older tbirds, neither my 1.4 or my 800 would do 166 fsb at any speed in my kt3ultra2 with pc2700 ram.

Back