• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Prime95 settings do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

When I installed the new Prime95 Beta 23 in a new machine to test it I was given some new options of what FFT lengths to do, each having a different torture level I guess. I chose the the all large FFT setting since it said it works it hardest. If you use this version what settings do you use to test the CPU?

the general populous use the "Blend" in "Torture Test", it'll run through all variables for as long as you want it to(or as long as stability allows ;) )

EDIT: speaking of which, i'm at work while my computer is being primed at home, hope i come home to it still running

in following up previous post, i got home from work, prime95 still running, 8+ hours stable at 218X11=2400, W00T!!!!

i use blend or custom and just set the min to 8 and the high to like 5megs or so.......the first option (the small ones) is alright but if your memory cant handle the bus speeds it wont crash.....i thought my mem could handle 230 mhz fsb since i ran prime for 24 hours and no errors. A few min later i went to go play CS and the game froze, i rebooted tried prime again on blend and it failed within 30 seconds.

blend is the way to go

I think blend is good when you're OCing the system as a whole, the FSB, multiplier. When u just OC the CPU and don't go w/ FSB above the max stable speed I think its best just to stress the CPU. If you want to check your PSU at the fullest load, prolly the in place large is a good way to go

Back