• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Spend $650

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bassbeatz

would like some suggestions on a system build for my neighbour.
i have £400 {$650} to spend on a tower for her,i have used a uk supplier to quote up a system.

i have come up with various combinations and after chatting to her have come to a dead end on what to build for the money being spent,also she is only at entry level with pc's but i would like to get the max spec i can.

so far i have purchased a 15 inch tft, so i have £400 to cram into a tower,what damage can be done to make a retail outlet look silly for my budget.............HELP..............her guy is bigger than me if i get this wrong im formatted!!

BURNER,GRAPH X,PERFORMANCE TOP OF LIST

For those types of "grandma" systems as I like to call em I like to find a good AMD motherboard that has onboard video. Unless the person that wants the system is a hardcore gammer onboard video will usually do the trick.

I have used the Asus A7N266-VM and that works ok. If you want a board with a bit more features that supports faster memory speeds and a better integrated video card the Epox 8rga+ is a good board.

Since your motherboard will have just about all you need integrated on it you have a decent hunk of change left for a CPU, HD, cd-rom, case and PSU. A 2100+ processor is only like 65 bucks right now and I think 2500+ bartons are only around 90.

For a great case with a nice 350W PSU I suggest the antec SLK-3700AMB. Its not much more expensive than the super elcheapo cases but it definatly is much better in quality and looks.

Back