• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Overclock :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KevDaMan

Registered
I had an old Palmano and it wouldent overclock for crap so here's the new system. Barton 2500 @2.2ghz with a core of 1.74( My GA 7N400 Pro2 wont let it go lower) F3 Bios. I have 11x 200 with temps of 56 Load. I think the gigabyte boards temps are off by a little because even at default speed it was only 2 degrees lower. I only have 2x 512 sticks of generic pc3200 but it runs at 400fsb. I'm using a Volcano 11+ for cooling and 4 case fans. I am impressed with this barton 2500+ its a great cpu. I dont knwo what the stepping is and it was not very much fun trying to put that Volcano 11+ on this board the capisators are too dam close to the socket so I had to be carefull and it took a like 15 min of cursing to get it on. So I wouldent recomend this board to an hardcore overclocker, but I like the features such as serial RAID which I'm gona try that out and pick up 2 WD Raptors and try that out in Raid 0 :)

Barton 2500+ @2.2 (11x200) 1.74 Core @56 Load temp
GA-7N400 Pro 2 (F3 Bios)
2x 512mb Generic DDR 400 (Cheep and works @400fsb and dual chan mode which is all I needed)
Antec case w 4 Fans & 450watt psu
WD 120gig SE + 40 gig maxtor diamond plus
Asus Geforce 4-TI4800se @300/600

ya, your temperature seems really high, maybe the sensor is off or something, but if it's not, you should consider water cooling. That might help get a little more speed out of your Barton

WOW, that temp is way to hot IMO> I have a 2100+ @2.41 and it's only running about 50. Also, yes HSFs are a b*tch to put on in my experience, ecspecailly if you don't make use of a screwdriver to help push down the clips (which I never do because I am what I like torefer to as a moron!).

mrjetguy said:
WOW, that temp is way to hot IMO> I have a 2100+ @2.41 and it's only running about 50. Also, yes HSFs are a b*tch to put on in my experience, ecspecailly if you don't make use of a screwdriver to help push down the clips (which I never do because I am what I like torefer to as a moron!).
i find using needle nose pliers work way better than a screwdriver.my xp2500 is o/c'ed to 2200mhz at a vcore of 1.8
and have not gone over 50C with a slk800/smartfan2 with a/c
off while folding. hit 46C with my w/c'ing rig no a/c.

-maybe move ur case around for better temps

-organize clutter for maximum airflow:wires-cables:

-give AS3 a try on that cpu

-try remounting HSF:cant hurt:

if that fails try slk800-slk900

i guarantee u'll see temp drop

Back