• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

an35n ultra problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stunna

Registered
hi everyone, i just installed the an5n ultra and the computer posts fine, but then when it tries to load xp, the blue screen of death of comes up and the computer resets, i think that maybe since its a new mobo the hd needs to be refomatted which im very reluctant to do, does anyone have nay suggestions? thanks

Whenever you switch motherboards with different chipsets you NEED to reinstall windows.

try booting off the XP cd and doing an repairing the OS which should keep all your programs and data.

But from experience I can tell you its easier if you just format.

Hello All, New MoBo - New Install - Yup Yup Yup! - especially with XP
Regards, Balrog

Edit: Hey FP1, I was just looking at your sig and it hit me, wouldn't that be a great name for a band? "Ignorant Fanboys" :D

Hey Fp1, i have geil (1*256)ram as well however it isnt working on my shuttle an35n ultra, do i ahve to change the ram timings to get it to work?, its 3200 ram by the way. my crucial pc2100 works fine

you may have to change the ram timings. The Geil may not work at its rated speed (which might be default in the bios) because the mobo cant seem to handle tight timings at 3200 speeds or higher. Try forcing a 1-1 ratio between ram and cpu.

Back