• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

check out my LATEST OC!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dalilman52

hey just today, i did a somewat good oc on my old t-bird in my system i took it from 9x100 to 7.5x133,(check out my sig) and now, im actually using the full potential of my pc2100 ram and not at pc1600 anymore, also my cpu idle temp went up from 46 to 50, and im a bit worried about that but everything else is fine. leave some suggestions or comments! cmon, ppl!
________
Herbalaire 2.1

Last edited:
Not too shabby... my 1G Athlon went only 200mhz more so that might be as far as that will go, however you might try getting a new HS... though you never mentioned what you have...

hey crash, if u read my above post, u woulve noticed that it went down to 43c on idle after i took my side panel off, u know just for a heads up
________
SHIP SALE

Last edited:
You gotta test for stability, the best recommendation is get Prime95 and run it for 12 - 24 hours on toture test. If Prime fails your OC is not stable/successful

dalilman52 said:
hey crash, if u read my above post, u woulve noticed that it went down to 43c on idle after i took my side panel off, u know just for a heads up

right, so since taking your sidepanle off helps THAT much you need better airflow so you can keep your sidepanle on...

The Coolest is right however my testing method is just if it crashes/programs crash, ever, if that happens and it isn't due to some cuase that I can pinpoint I lowe rit until they stop.

If you want a good excuse to do some modding, start by putting some fans in the side panel of your case, to draw cool air into your case... since a difference of 7c with the side panel off/on is quite a large one!

Back