• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Tornado Intake" concept?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a c i d.f l y

Anyone ever heard of the Tornado for your vehicle's intake? I wonder if there is a conceptual design to help air throughput as far as computer fans go. Increase turbulance, direct throughput of air? I wonder if it would make a difference. Of course, the $50 for you car is a little outrageous... but...

Do a search on Google.com for TORNADO Performance Part.

-Frank

I assume you mean using one of thesethese?

There was a thread on this about a month ago, and results were mixed. I however stick with the fact that it is made for cars to mix with gas. It doesn't really effect the airflow, but mixes the air with finer gas particles. I don't think you'd see any positive effects, making it pretty pointless to adapt to any computer system.
Have I seen it done? No. Could it work? Yes, its possible.

I have been interested in reporducing the Venturi effect for computer cooling... Unucessfully, hah. So maybe someone will join us in the brainstorm.

those things don't even work on cars. they're supposed to create a venturi effect and actually they just add tumble to the intake air. this would be good normally because the turbulence of the intake air makes the fuel injected into it more equally spread through the mixture. only catch is most cylinder heads in cars will generate tumble anyways so it's not needed.

in a computer you don't want tumble you want smooth airflow. turbulence would be bad because it would disturb the flow of the air through the case.

bottom line is it will suck for either application so don't even worry about it.

Acid the more you stick infront or behind the fan, the less you're going to move.

He might have gotten a custom rank after donating to the forums. Then again, he may really have been banned?

Back