• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dumb NF7-S question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizardloader

Hi People..............I haven't posted in awhile,but its time to build a new system.

My question is how can I tell what revision my NF7-S is? I ordered it from Mwave and they won't guarantee what version you get. I have looked over the box from one end to the other. Just says nf7-s and a bar code.

Thanks for the help in advance

Usually between the PCI slots (after where NF7-S (or whatever) is printed). I dont have that board so I can't tell you for sure but its pretty standard to print it there. Just look around.
Good luck!
-Nic

On Abit boards the rev # is ussally on a sticker on either the last pci slot or the next one up...........also sometimes the rev # is printed on the board too

its under the pci slots. there is a bar-code printed on a white stick and on the right hand side of the sticker under the barcode is the revision number.

Or you can just look on the box...i know it's not as cool but, it's generally on there.

And if you recently bought it from any larger company then i'd be suprised if it isnt a 2.0

Also, if you have holes around the CPU socket, it is above a 1.2.

steve

bluestreakLB said:
Or you can just look on the box...i know it's not as cool but, it's generally on there.

And if you recently bought it from any larger company then i'd be suprised if it isnt a 2.0

Actually when I got my 2.0 I looked all over the box and I couldn't find any mention of the revision. There definitaly was a sticker near the PCI slots that said the revision though.

Bummer ya had to go thru that...

But yes, check for things like the box and look for a sticker near the PSI slots. The holes around the CPU socket appeared on rev 1.2 and higher, and the red power led on the motherboard near the CMOS battery is a rev 2.0 only feature.

Have fun w/ that v2.0 board when it gets in...;)

Deathknight said:

Actually when I got my 2.0 I looked all over the box and I couldn't find any mention of the revision. There definitaly was a sticker near the PCI slots that said the revision though.

neither did my box.

wizardloader said:
Well the new one has Rev 2.0 on box and mobo. Now to build this bad boy.

Thanks to Everyone

Fire that Bad Larry up and push it 'till it screams...:D :cool:

Have fun w/ it...hope you get a nice smooth install with no problems, system, sound, or other. ;)

Ok now I'm getiting POed. Finally got all components togeather Sunday and started to build new pc. Didn't get far.

Seem that the snap lock on one side of DIMM 2 was missing. No evidence it was ever there. No way to install ram.

Another RMA

Back