• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlipperyToy

Actually its not new. I somehow got a free barton 2500. I cant remember what 2500 Barton I currently have in my machine now. here are the numbers from my "new" chip:

AXDA2500DKV4D
AQXEA0330UPAW
Y864617260460

Is this good?....is it unlocked or do I have to make another speed stick to unlock it? How much to expected out of it? w/air cooling?

TIA!!!:)

Okay next question. I have another A7N8X (rev1.06?...I think)
will it be unlocked on this board too? Or is that unlocked thing just on rev 2.0?

All Thoroughbred and Barton Athlon XPs come factory unlocked.
All revisions of Asus nForce2 can read all multipliers.

AQXEA0330UPAW <--- Good stepping and week. Havent seen UPAW on this new of a 2500, now they ussually end in MW. A theory has been proposed that the farther down the alfabet the third letter is, it will run at stock speeds at lower voltages. This would alow greater voltage headroom.

Y864617260460 <--- There is some speculation about the "Y" being indicitive of a good OC'er. 4's, 9's, and Z's can also be had, but from what I've read don't OC as well as the Y's.

How fast will it go? As fast as it can. Keep us updated

For sure. I was actually thinking of buy the Abit nf7 to this project. But hey...I already have a MOBO to use. Now I have go in the attic and decide what case to use. :D

Back