• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some Q's about Zalman 7000ALCU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Derivative

Just got my 7000alcu set and running with some Nanotherm PCM+. Dropped temps a bit (same idle, but only 54 load rather than 63, i think a little more time for thermal material to cure will lower the temps.)

well i have a few questions

1) the fan mate thing i have plugged in, pretty cool how you can change fan speed on the fly. but its pretty inconvinient - i have to open the case door and turn that tiny knob whenever i want to change it!

2) can i plug the fan mate into my 6 port baybus, it is currently controlling 4 case fans and it used to handle a tornado as well but i took the tornado out. will the baybus be able to handle the cpu fan and is it safe? would be very convinient to have control from baybus

thanks

sounds like your fan bus can handle it, but some MB will not boot with out a cpu fan on its cpu fan header, you might have to jurry rig up the rpm wire to the header, but beyon that it should work fine. I have the CU one and i dont use the fan controler at all, with my case buttoned up i cant hear it anyways over the tv/stero.

I'll be doing a little "mod" to attach the fanmate to an extra front panel.. Would you be interested in some sort of guide to mod it?

Ffats said:
I'll be doing a little "mod" to attach the fanmate to an extra front panel.. Would you be interested in some sort of guide to mod it?

Yeh i would appreciate it... that would be even better than having to go through the baybus

I just got a Zalman 7000a CU and have it plugged into the mobo directly. I can't even hear it at full speed. Is there a reason why you want to be able to control the speed other then just to be able to control it? In other words I'm just wondering if your Zalman is loud or something.

Back