• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock AMD Athlon to 3.2Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XunknownX

Disabled
348523583503.jpg

yea and? where's the details?
I don't know a motherboard that can rate a CPU that high, but I want to see the source

*EDIT:* Doh!!! Can you say "Photochopped"??

Last edited:
The Coolest said:
yea and? where's the details?
I don't know a motherboard that can rate a CPU that high, but I want to see the source

*EDIT:* Doh!!! Can you say "Photochopped"??

naaa, the cooling used can be read in his sign, Vantec CCK-6027D HSF :D :p

howether, if it's true, more detail please ;)

lmao. just by seeing the 4700+ one could tell that it was fake, specially on air cooling and just 1.9volts...

I can't speak for the rest of the people here (but I assume) that they feel pretty much as myself about these kinds of jokes, its just not funny and is useless. most forum members who know their thing will tell you straight away that its a fake, I knew that from the start, just waited on your confirmation or something.
The newer ones can get confused, I'm not sure (should reread the rules, but posting false information is not really accepted all that well around here).

I feel the same way as The Coolest.

The more experienced members could tell right away it was a fake and it only confuses the newer members.

I don't know what you were trying to achieve with this prank.

It's not some moral issue, but things like this are annoying in the long run. Take for instance all the fake overclocks on the database. I was at some other forum and people were citing those overclocks as possibilities. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the CPU rating gave it away right from the get go.

As a *slight* change of topic -

Does anyone know what the highest AMD overclock record is (with confirming pictures, reliability, and benchmarks - proof in general ;)) ?

I am curious as to just how far these chips can be pushed with some Liquid N, Voltage, and perseverence ;)

I *think* I saw some pics of them at 3.4GHz (could've been 3.2) and heard of 3.6, can't get you any proof right now tho

I believe in a sense of humor and I thought this joke woudl provoke some thought and wonderment. Also I wanted to see peoples reactions. As far as affecting the new people, I wasn't going to let this joke run for too long before admitting it as a fraud. Hoever, seeing as how many people I upset by this, I will not post any further jokes/frauds. I will try to be more serious from this point on.

Back