• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7-333R New BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the heads up - didn't expect a new one.

Will not be updating just yet as that machine is still hard at work. So will be waiting for a gap in my work load and reports from others. ;)

And welcome to the forums.

Does it recognise the Barton Cores in the BIOS?

I'm running an XP2500 Barton on User Define at the moment.

I've just installed it with FlashMenu as well (under win2k)

I'm currently running a 2400+ at stock speeds. Can't really tell much of a difference, apart from the fact that my CPU temp in winbond is now reported as being 3 degrees lower than it was with the previous official (B6) BIOS....

Also, when running the latest version of the CPU-Z utility (found here), under the 'mainboard' tab, there is no manufacturer listed....could this be because Abit has 'changed the SSID of KX7-333/KX7-333R to 7411h/7412h' as stated in their changes on the official site link?

Or have I done something wrong? System seems stable tho, tried vids, songs, 3d apps, cleared CMOS after reboot etc etc...

Can someone comment on this plz? :eek:

As for 'officially' recognising the 333 fsb cores in the BIOS as such, then I'm afraid the answer is NO :(

Back