• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Durons : anyone got one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I may be building a PC for my dad, and was thinking of going with a Duron 1.6GHz. Anyone got one/got any benches?

It probably wont be overclocked, so it needs to be pretty decent at stock.

TIA

Atleast in finland they are not available yet. I think it's looking very promising though, as people have allready figured out how to enable the cache! :D

Also if you get lucky you can make it into an XP just by bridging one cut L2 bridge.
Some work just fine (their cache is good) some don't (cache faulty). I know I saw on overclockers.ru (linked by ed) that they had 2 durons, both had their L2 cache reenabled but only one worked fine with the enabled cache, the second acted up, till they disabled the cache in the BIOS, which made the PC run w/o problems, but really slow. So just making a small bridge work is undoable and if the chip's L2 isn't good u can always revert back to the duron state

Back