• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP-94 or SLK-947U

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just saw the BP-94 available on heatsinkfactory today. (disclaimer: I'm not affliated with heat sink factory)

What kind of fan are you guys getting for it? The Vantec Tornado is probably too loud in my opinion.

well, how much noise can you stand from your computer?

*edit* and I just looked over at heatsinkfactory.com at the two HS's and noticed that the SP-94 was only for the socket 478 (pentium) is there another version out for AMD yet or not? or is that what the BP-94 is? (which I didnt see there)

Last edited:
as for the fan, i highly recomend the smt fan 2.

we are currently discussing it in this thread, http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=232251

here is what i said,

its an awsome fan, mine whent up to almost 6000 RPMS and thats close somewhere in the range of about 82-90 CFM, but wihtout all the noise of the vantec tornado, it is still pretty loud, but in noise to air movement, its pretty similar to the panaflow's, also, this fan, creates more static pressure than the tornado. So, anyways, IMHO the smt fan 2 is great!

Cheers!
-f1
:)

the sp 94 supporst 92 mm fans doesn't it? if yes i would get a 92 mm panaflow if you want quiet, or a 92mm tornado if you want ultimate cooling and can take lots of noise.

If it does not i too would get a SFII

stan03 said:
the sp 94 supporst 92 mm fans doesn't it? if yes i would get a 92 mm panaflow if you want quiet, or a 92mm tornado if you want ultimate cooling and can take lots of noise.

If it does not i too would get a SFII

oh yeah, if it supports 92mm fans, get a tornado f5, 200 cfm of raw power! w00t! but it will get REALLY REALLY LOUD.

anywyas, i thik the smtfn 2 is the best 80mm solution, but with the tornado f5, "there is no re-placement for displacesment" in this case, 200 CFM. wow! 200 cfm, ill take any day lol.

Thanks for the idea's guy's. I have a 80mm smart fan sitting here doing nothing.
well, how much noise can you stand from your computer
not much...:p
anywyas, i thik the smtfn 2 is the best 80mm solution, but with the tornado f5, "there is no re-placement for displacesment" in this case, 200 CFM. wow! 200 cfm, ill take any day lol.
I dont need the thing to take flight.

Just FYI, I think your concept of CFM is a little skewed. The TT Smart Fan II pushes only 75 CFM of airflow, which is in fact quite a lot. The Tornado F5 pushes 119 CFM. The 200 CFM domain is pretty much reserved for loud 172mm fans like the one that I run at half voltage. Btw, good to see you're back :). I agree, though, the Panaflow and Tornado are the two best options, depending on your noise preference.

if you don't want it noisy get a 92mm panaflow. I use one and its definitely not loud and works great.

Gautam said:
Just FYI, I think your concept of CFM is a little skewed. The TT Smart Fan II pushes only 75 CFM of airflow, which is in fact quite a lot. The Tornado F5 pushes 119 CFM. The 200 CFM domain is pretty much reserved for loud 172mm fans like the one that I run at half voltage. Btw, good to see you're back :). I agree, though, the Panaflow and Tornado are the two best options, depending on your noise preference.

Well, the smt fan 2, pushes 75CFm of airflow at 4800 RPM, but ive learned form my own, and many others, that this fan, if it is teamed with a good psu, can give a good 5750-6000 RPM, as for the tornado f5, i was looking at one in comp usa and saw it said 199 CFM, i was most likely mistaken.

I agree that a 92mm panaflow is probably the best solution for you devilman 24 or anyone who has a 92mm fan compatible heatsink, and wants silence.

My apologies for the error.
-Nick
:cool:

EDIT: as for the noiseblocker fan, i have no idea. :-/

modenaf1 said:
as for the tornado f5, i was looking at one in comp usa and saw it said 199 CFM, i was most likely mistaken.

My apologies for the error.
-Nick
:cool:

EDIT: as for the noiseblocker fan, i have no idea. :-/

You actually were not mistaken... the compusa carries PCToys, which has the tornado mislabeled. there was a thread previously about this.:D

I agree that a 92mm panaflow is probably the best solution for you devilman 24 or anyone who has a 92mm fan compatible heatsink, and wants silence.

Will this have enough airflow to keep the cpu cool?

I have a 92 mm Panaflo on my SLK900u and it is very quiet I think it is only 27 dba and moves like 57 cfm or close to it on either spec , I like it .
I got 2x80mm fans to supply air and 1x80mm getting it out + the power supply, it keeeps my 2.4b @3.2 around 46c full load in an Inwin Q500 case

Back