• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aristotle-IV

Registered
These boards have been said to be the best for OC'ing but are they also the most frustrating.

I have had to try so many different settings, constantly changing timings and tweking the CPU interface, also so multiplier settings just seem to work better than others.

To personifty the board it seems were tempremental, if you do something it doesnt like it gives you a hard time.

Does anyone else feel this way?

I think i have found a problem people run into when they either first put a new system together or simply (worse case) put a new system together for the first time.

I like to call it, tweakites...find your highest FSB, then find your highest CPU core speed and dont touch it.

I can remember first putting together my system and resetting the CMOS on a nightly basis...for some reason i just knew that i could get it over the 2.25ghz that it is at now. I finally one day realized that even if i could run it 50mhz higher, i never noticed it. So i simply quit touching it. I havnt had problems since, and my computer? i can run almost any game you throw at it at almost any resolution and any graphic setting, so why tweak?

I see thta your at 2330mhz and 220FSB, what else is there to do? thats an extreamly fast system.

Now are there problems with this board, sure...the CPU interface causing the most, enable it and leave it at that.

Just be happy about the overclock you have achieved and simply lock the case shut, i think thats best.

Now i dont want you to feel like i'm insulting you in any way, i'm just stating some facts that i think we can all relate to at some point in our tweaking years.

haha, i know how drug addicts feel now.

Im going to tell you that you are right.

Then im going to go home tonight and push the FSB higher, Im not going to be able to stop myself.

::beer:

To personifty the board it seems were tempremental, if you do something it doesnt like it gives you a hard time.

this is very true. in fact its a lot like the race horses they are named for.

all of the fastest horses in the world are known for being temprimental and unfortunately that is gonna happen .its kinda like the board knows... like it has an ego and you have to satisfy its ego to get it to perform at its best .

the zen of dans mobo philosophy

( im dan btw:D)

Back