• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Spec Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bassbeatz

ADUDHD1600DLV1C

The above part no is for a AMD DURON 1.6 MHZ OEM

are these chips any good for over clocking

or has the market in the UK been flooded with "oops these might work ok for a while"

they cost £34 $54 {us}

Apparently they can be modded to an Athlon XP chip - by closing an L2 bridge if I am not mistaken - freeing up L2 cache to the tune of 256Kb. They are based on the Tbred B core which can hit 2.4GHz on air with a good stepping, so you might be lucky.

Could u post the whole stepping (everything it says on the black label?) the line you put in is just its product number code
it says that its a duron 1600, 1.5v stock voltage, 1 = 64KB L2 cache, but as mentioned above the rest can be reactivated by joining the cut L2 bridge, and has 266MHz FSB, that's pretty much all that can be concluded from what you posted. If you want more extensive help, post all the text on the black label.

PS: Well you could tell the critical core temp (the V) but I don't remember what temp it represents

thanx for the info guys,the chip details i cant get as this was of a .com site in the uk,i have bought parts of them befor and check for deals every day,they came up for sell yesterday and quite a few hundred instock,so the mind bogals at that price in the uk.
also i am thinking of dropping this little baby in my rig for a cooking session to see what i can push.also is it cheap compared to US prices

Q:can win xp improve overclock speeds,as i have put xp on and gained an extra 75mhz from when i was using 98se.

I think you will get about 10000% better performance with XP anyway :rolleyes:

I don't know about the difference in stability, but Prime95 should give a more accurate indicator as it is OS-independent.

Back