• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I hit the limit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxlaser5

Registered
Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra Platinum
Tbred B 2000+ JIXHB running at 185MHz x 11.5 @ 1.8V
Thermalright SK-7 Heatsink.
2 Centon 512MB PC2700 (NCP chips) @ 2.6V
Antec 350W PS
2 40GB Maxtor running Raid 0
1 120GB Western Digital
1 DVD-ROM / 1 CD-RW / 1 DVD-RW

It is currently running "stable" (6+ hours Prime95). CPU's temperature is around 54C full load.

I tried to raise the multiplier to 12x but it would not go past the initial BIOS boot screen. It just sit there after detecting all the IDE Drives.

People seems to get 2.3 - 2.4GHz easily with these CPUs. I am not sure if there is anything I can do to get a little bit more out of it. Here are my list of questions for your professionals out there:

1) My concern is the PS. Is that Antec 350W PS sufficient for my system considering I have a total of 6 IDE Drives and around 5 80mm cases fan?

2) Should I lower the FSB to raise the multiplier (like 180MHz x 12)?

Thanks a lot.

forgot 1 more question

3) Base on advices from people on this board, I have flashed the BIOS to version 2aa5 (lastest one is 2aa7). This older BIOS has an option that allows me to change the divider to /6. This option is not available on newer BIOS. Should I tried that in order to get to 200MHz FSB? I have not tried it yet because I noticed some "flaws" with this BIOS. I tried Vcore up to 1.825V and 1.85V but Hardware Sensor reports only 1.7xxV (even less voltage than when I set the Vcore to 1.8V). Just want to know if someone with this board has tried /6 successfully or not. Thanks.

Back