• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will I stay cool?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turd Furguson

I am currently downgrading the size of my PC and also upgrading in the process.

I am leaving this behind:
XP1700+ @ 2.2ghz
Abit KX7-333R
Foxxcon Midtower
SLK900u Zalman 92mm fan on low
Albatron TI4800SE Zalman 80A HP modded (OC'd to 327/700)

I plan on moving into this:

Cooler Master ATC-610-GX1 Link.
MSI nForce2 IGP Chipset Model K7N2GM-L Link.
Barton 2500

Now I am not exactly sure what kind of heatsink to get for that case. I don't wanna mod the panel. Looks to sexy. I also plan on overclocking providing the CPU cooperates. The question is what kind of heatsink should I par up with this thing to keep it cool enough for me to overclock?
I have looking into the Aeroflow's but seem a little too loud for me. I may pick up another AX-7 and strap on one of my Panaflo L1A fans.
I am also concerned that my video card will really start pumping out the heat in the case.

Are there any suggestions on what I should do? I really like the looks of this case and has all the functions that I am looking for also.

Turd Furguson said:
I may try to slap on an SK7 with my Panaflo L1a. Dunno how the performance will measure up.

Should work for you. I used a L1A on my AX-7 and it did okay, 38C to 50C. You can always duct from an intake to your HSF if the temps get too high.

It also has stand offs / feet on it so you could also duct to a revers blow hole (if there is room) on the bottom of the case so it still looks stock

you might think about adding another fan by where the current exhaust is. There will be multiple things making a decent amount of heat in there, and having 1 60mm fan doing all the work will not only be noisy, but not efficient. i think you could easily fit 1 or 2 more slower 60mms back there, and still have more flow, but alot less noise.

heatsink wise, an sk7 should be more than enough. 2500's are not very hot chips.

by the way, are you going to use the onboard graphics? or are you going to put that TI4800 in the case? if you are going to keep the card, i would recommend slapping some heatsinks on the memory, and maybe a CORB or something. the higher case temps will not be easy on the card, and so better than stock heat disipation (dont know if that is a real word) is not a completely bad idea.

hope some part of that 3:30 AM rambling can help

Yes I will be using the graphics card mentioned above. It has RAMsinks on it already.

I think the SLK900 will be a bit much for this case. I am looking for something smaller due to size constraints for the components.

Back