• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the best I can do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sdholden

Here's my system. P4 2.8C, p4p800 deluxe, 512 pc3200 corsair xms. I know i need more memory, its on the way. Right now im running 245 fsb, at 5:4 with timings set at 2-3-3-6. Am i getting the most out of my system? Id like to run 1:1, but the i can only get to 215 fsb. I can't see that 400+ mhz drop in fsb could be offset by 30 mhz gain in memory speed, maybe im wrong though. My motherboard supports ddr400. If i bougt pc4000, would it let me run a 1:1 ratio. Obviously the memory would support it, but would the mobo. Im a first time builder/ overclocker, and everything is going very well so far. Ive learned a lot from you guys alreay, just need some more info. Also what numbers from sandra should i be looking at when changing fsb and mem ratios. I.e. which test incoporates cpu and mem performance?

there is alot of considerations. first how high will the cpu run?. if it will run 3.4 -3.5 (FSB 240-250).then u may want to get some good pc 3700 or cheap pc4000, which would allow u to run the fsb and memory at 240-250, at a 1-1 ratio. That would definitely increase your memory performance. However if the cpu wont run that high, id just get some real good pc3500 otherwise youd just be wasting your money on the faster stuff...

Back