• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No PCI Video on NF7 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xboy

I have an old S3 PCI Video card which can't run on my mobo?! The PC beeps once instead of twice and the monitor turns on but without any picture. What I have to do to make this f..... card to start ?

Have you tested the video card on any other system?

The system will not post if the video card is bad.

Yes, the card is working on other systems (with KT133A chipset)

don't you have to set the primary video source as the PCI?

In which case you would need an AGP and PCI card. Get into the bios and do something in there...

I HAVE NO IDEA!!

Cleared the BIOS, and started the PC with the PCI card without AGP and it didn't worked. I'm with BIOS 10. I'll contact Abit's support

xboy said:
Cleared the BIOS, and started the PC with the PCI card without AGP and it didn't worked. I'm with BIOS 10. I'll contact Abit's support

let me know how it goes .. I was thinking of buying a PCI VGA card to test motherboards ... and this issue got me thinking ... hmm

My Matrox Millenium 2 4 Meg works fine with my NF7-S v2.0

I read that if you have a SATA hard drive, then there is an incompatibility issue with PCI video cards.

no sata drives (it's NF7 non S). May be this card is just incompatible with the mobo

I had a problem with my NF7 not showing anything after the first POST screen (the one that shows the IDE drives). After I flashed the BIOS to the newest one, it went away. Had to use an AGP card to flash BIOS, using Abit's Windows flash program.

steve

Tried with bios 10, now i'm with 18. Still not working

Back