• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Classic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jinu

ok guys, im new to this whole deal and i am building a new computer so i would like to speed this one up a tad.
i am currently running an AMD Classic 950mhz processor on a Jabil AMD motherboard [Part #4000635]. i have 512 mb of pc133, but i think my motherboard only supports up to pc100. i would like to clock it at 1.1ghz tops. the AMD has a golden Orb fan on it and i have 3 fans in the case. let me know if it would be a good idea na dif so, if 1.1 is doable and stable. also, if anyone can let me know how to do it, that would be great. lol. thanks guys.

search the forum for a sticky on How to Overclock, or something like that...I know there is a stickied guide to overclocking somewhere here...

and checking the CPU Database at Overclockers.com reveals that the average overclock is 1080 - - so, i 'guess' it is "possible" to get to 1.1GHz with ur chippie...Just don't cry if you don't get there...

Back