• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BIOS for KT400 Platinum & What's the best overclock on KT400 Platinum?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxlaser5

Registered
Finally with the help of members on this board, I was able to get some good results with my setup:

Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra Platinum ver 2aa5
Tbred B 2000+ JIXHB running at 185MHz x 11.5 @ 1.8V
Thermalright SK-7 Heatsink.
2 Centon 512MB PC2700 (NCP chips) @ 2.6V
Antec 350W PS
2 40GB Maxtor running Raid 0
1 120GB Western Digital
1 DVD-ROM / 1 CD-RW / 1 DVD-RW

I just saw the new BIOS version 2aa8 on Soyo website and also noticed a special Overclock BIOS version on Soyo's Taiwan website. Just wondering if anyone has tried either of those and what the results are?
Also, what speed were you guys able to get on your Soyo?

new bios

i just flashed to 2aa8, but i am about to go check out the "overclock" bios on the taiwan website. i've posted at 2368mhz for the hell of it but i wasn't stable, my mushkin3200 should be here by thursday so i'm not going to get serious with it until then.

Edit: my board is a kt400 black, not platinum

could u give a link for the new overclocking bios? i went to the taiwan site under kt400 and it shows the same 2aa8 but with applebred spelled applebread

ogboot said:
could u give a link for the new overclocking bios? i went to the taiwan site under kt400 and it shows the same 2aa8 but with applebred spelled applebread

Here is the overclock BIOS. It was released on 10/07/2002 (in place of 2aa4).

I am also using 2aa8 now. How did you get to 2.3xxGHz? The most I could get out of my CPU with PC2700 RAM is 185x11.5 stable but the CPU is hot (58C when running Prime95). What was your settings?

heheh, it wasn't stable, i just upped the voltage to 1.85 for kicks
and maxxed out the multi to 12.5 (i'm not doing the wire trick). this was with my 2700, my 3200 is in the mail, if u are going to OC i would recommend 3200 since our boards don't lock the PCI bus, it reverts back to 33 once u hit 400Mhz though. A/W, check out the amazing MFLOPS! and no this wasn't stable

pic3_thumb.jpg

ogboot said:
heheh, it wasn't stable, i just upped the voltage to 1.85 for kicks
and maxxed out the multi to 12.5 (i'm not doing the wire trick). this was with my 2700, my 3200 is in the mail, if u are going to OC i would recommend 3200 since our boards don't lock the PCI bus, it reverts back to 33 once u hit 400Mhz though. A/W, check out the amazing MFLOPS! and no this wasn't stable

pic3_thumb.jpg

Are you saying that I can change the FSB to 200 and the PCI will run at 33MHz? Have you tried it? I see no use for PC3200 unless this is true. Please update when you get your 3200. Thanks.

dude it is true, go to your bios and select 200mhz and watch the pci drop back to 33

hmmm....update in order, after trying the bios with the pci divider of 6 there was no post, but it posts just fine at the same speed with the pci out of spec, got in touch with soyo and tried several bios roms, finally checked the via website the kt400 doesn't even support pci divider of 6.....bout to get a new board, my wife can have this one

ogboot said:
hmmm....update in order, after trying the bios with the pci divider of 6 there was no post, but it posts just fine at the same speed with the pci out of spec, got in touch with soyo and tried several bios roms, finally checked the via website the kt400 doesn't even support pci divider of 6.....bout to get a new board, my wife can have this one

That's what I have been suspected. So does that mean there is no real advantage to put PC3200 on this board?

pretty much, if you have a good stick of 2700 that runs great at about 180-190 then your pretty much as maxed out as u can safely be with this board

Back