• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 vs. NF7-S, for the non-power user

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ubik

Registered
I'm in the market for a new mobo, especially since I'm sick of this cheapass A7S333. I'm neither a heavy overclocker nor a high-power user, so I'm thinking of getting the NF7... from everything I hear about it, it's a good board. But the NF7-S is a good board too, and I'm wondering how much of a difference there is between the two... I know the S supports 400 FSB and has onboard RAID and SATA, but I'm not really going to use any of that... is there any other reason I should consider the NF7-S instead of just the NF7? I'm on a budget, so the lower cost of the NF7 would be a great boon.

Well not all NF7-S support the 400Mhz FSB, only the rev 2s. The NF7-S also has the SATA and the IEEE1394 connector. I also think that the NF7 has a different onboard sound than the NF7-S but i an not sure about that. I would just go with the NF7-S unless you have a M-audio revolution or other m-audio card that there isnt (in my opinion) a better sound card out there.

-I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz which already has good sound, and I plan on getting an m-audio card around Christmas to help in my music production.

-As I said, I don't plan to use SATA, and I have no use for the IEEE1394 connector.

-I'm not using the 400 FSB either way :)

So I think I'm sticking to the NF7 if I can get it for that much cheaper.

Back