• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wtf is wrong with my 1700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikapc

It's a long story but right now I'm rather annoyed and confused as to why my 1700 I just got from newegg won't even reach its stock speed of 1.4ghz. I can only get around 1.25 ghz at most with my 8rda3+ . My box also starts up but turns off after a few seconds if the vcore is any higher then 1.7volts which isn't at all happened when I ran my 2100. I'm starting to get suspicious that the problem is my motherboard. Not too long ago something happened where after reattching my waterblock to my 2100cpu I caught a power supply wire between the block and the cpu. What happened after that event was my computer would start and get to C3 post code then turn off. I thought it was the power supply so I got another one as well as a cpu. While my box does boot now I'm getting really pitiful speeds. Any ideas what the hell is going on? Thanks

Isn't that an old motherboard? Sounds like your mobo won't support above 1.25 Ghz. That's my guess.

Thats a pretty new model motherboard.

Try out the 2100+ again if you still have it.

Temps get pretty hot but not above 50c for cpu. It should be noted though that I remember when both my system and cpu temps got above about 42c bad things started happening like crashes and my computer abruptly turning off.

Well I've managed to get it up to 1.4 ghz and until I get my 2100 back I don't care if I can't o/c it. After entering in my chips codes into a chip I've learned it to be a thouroughbred A at 1.5 default voltage.

I've got the same board... but what else have you done to it or modified it to do? there's no jumbers that I can recall for the mobo to be stuck on such a low spped not to give your cpu the correct id. have you just tried it with default settings?

Back