• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Very weird 8rda3+ problem, any help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

For the last week or so I've been running my 8rda3+ and Barton 2500+ at 200x11.5 at 1.75volts, just to keep temps down.

My computer had been running for about the last 4 days 24/7
and this morning when I went to turn on my moniter...it wasn't
getting any signal, but my computer was still on.

And now, any time I start the computer, it does not boot. The LED
always shows FF...I can't find my manual, but that usually means everything is ok. But the LED never changes when I start the computer like it used to...so its not even trying to boot.

I've tryed reseting the bios no good....the computer even turns on
(power anyway) if the bios jumper is in the reset position...something it never did before.

Did this board fry on me somehow last night??
Any ideas of anything else I could try?

Boy, that doesn't sound good. I can't think of anything specific, just the general tips. I'd pull everything, including the board, clean, then plug just the board, memory (1 stick if you have multiple) and the video card, and see if it will POST.

No good even then? I'd be ready to RMA.

yea I think its RMA time...another wierd thing....when I flick the power switch on the back on the psu...it takes a second or two to turn off...lol

I just pulled everything and am gonna let it sit overnight...maybe it'll miraculusly fix itself

I had the same problem when the power went out a few months ago. ALL 4 of my PC's "Epox Nforce2" . I had to clear the cmos and actually PULL the battery out and reset everything. Not that tough but WEIRD, try the battery first, also test your PS, try the smell test first, then a power supply tester, I had a board last year that drove me nuts until I realized the PS was not giving out enough power, just enough to power the fans and such but not enought to fully boot..

Well I already tryed pulling the battery, and I slapped in a old abit 266 board and it fired right up like nothing. I'm pretty sure the board is toast.
I'm going to give it one more try when I get off work, other wise I think I'm going to order up a NF-7 board

Back