• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCX159™ series Chipset Heatsinks for AMD® & Intel® platform motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
MCX159-A-retention-300x351.jpg

MCX159-P%20retention-300x312.jpg

http://www.swiftnets.com/

$32.75- $39.25

Gabe says make sure you measure the area your working on if your using a GPU waterblock, because due to the differences in mobo specs/ GPU waterblock methods of attaching it, It may or may not fit if your watercooling your GPU, depending on the manufacturers method of mounting hardware onthe GPU block your using.

(Also STAY TUNED for the arrival of Swiftechs new Chipset (I think its the MCW20) waterblock, from what he told me about it, its going to be an unrestricted flow block, with the usual Swiftech quality in regards to mounting hardware)

Its going on sale next week.

Check the specs and measure, as their customer support is getting flooded with dumb requests, get a tape measure and check it before calling poor overworked Gabe ;)

mcx159-a-dimensions-300x223.jpg

PS I told Gabe that i'm going to Cut up my MCX4000 and make my own MCX159 series Chipset Heatsinks and he started to cry, and begged me not to ruin that heatsink :D

I fell in love with that cooler. There are 3 different versions of it.
one for

AMD
INtel
AMD and INtel

And the only place that is advertising this but does not have stock until october is Bigfoot.

I bought mine at swiftech online store.

nycundaground said:
I fell in love with that cooler. There are 3 different versions of it.
one for

AMD
INtel
AMD and INtel

And the only place that is advertising this but does not have stock until october is Bigfoot.

I bought mine at swiftech online store.

You can get the MCX159-A (for AMD platforms) at www.FrozenCPU.com

They should have the P4 version next week

Silversinksam said:

PS I told Gabe that i'm going to Cut up my MCX4000 and make my own MCX159 series Chipset Heatsinks and he started to cry, and begged me not to ruin that heatsink :D
Ditto from me (except the crying).

The Words OVERKILL and EXPENCIVE come to mind:)

is it relly nessisary to pay 30 - 40$ for that? i mean isnt the zalman cooler a third of the price. that seames to do the job well enough.

To my eye, it looks a little on the tall side, kinda seems like the airflow ould have trouble getting all the way down the bottom there nearest the hot end. I'd have thought something about 2/3 as tall would have been better. But then, I'm not gonna be buying one while I've got all these socket 7 sinks lying around :D

Road Warrior

Silversinksam said:
The day I put anything with the name Zalman in my Pc is the day I buy a Dell ;)

Ouch, thats pretty harsh... What do you have against them? Don't compare as well OCing (which they don't, but have their place in the quiet market)?

It is going to be taller then the zalman mod with a fan on it. And there will be complications with it being installed in a system with a slk900 w/120mm fan or some swiftech heatsinks.

RoadWarrior said:
To my eye, it looks a little on the tall side, kinda seems like the airflow ould have trouble getting all the way down the bottom there nearest the hot end. I'd have thought something about 2/3 as tall would have been better. But then, I'm not gonna be buying one while I've got all these socket 7 sinks lying around :D

Road Warrior
Yeah Socket 7 sinks are good, everybody's favorite $3 GPU/northbridge/southbridge/MOSFET/vid ram coolers. :)

Thanks for the heads up SilverSinkSam...Leave it to Swiftech to come up with something this good...Love their products and customer service...No more Vantec IceBerq's for me...:)

It's definitely pretty =p. I'm sure I'll buy one eventually, I doubt there is any NB air-solution that could possibly keep up with that thing... that's such a winning formula.

I like it alot but the fan seems a bit weak...6.3 CFM. I would of liked to see double the CFM on a heatsink like it has...all of those spiraled/jagged pins need some more power pushing thru it. I would love to see a comparison between the Micro-cool & MCX159. Does anyone know how much CFM the Micro-cool setup pushes?

Am I the only one that thinks this will rip out the hooks on Intel 865/875 boards faster than any other NB heatsink out there? I just think the weight of that on Intel boards using hooks is a recipe for disaster.

Back