• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got 2x 1800+ from neweg- KIUHB DUT3C 0325's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
Thought I'd report what I got on an order from newegg that I placed on monday. I ordered 2x 1800+, hoping for DLT3C's (as some people have gotten them recently) but what I actually got were 2:

AXDA1800DUT3C
KIUHB 0325

I'm going on a road trip really soon so I probably won't have much opportunity to play with them. I will post some prelimenary results in a couple of hours, once my 2-year-old son goes to bed....

I'm kind of expecting maybe 2250 with 1.8v+....

Lithan said:
Give him some nyquil and vodka. We want those results NOW.
LOL. Let me guess - you're single.

Arkaine23, lucky you didn't get A's.
I guess we should be telling people to continue avoiding newegg, except for 2100+ and 2500+ since gameve's got B's guaranteed for $49.

You only spent $2 more so you did well. Until your post I would have been ready to gamble with newegg. Thanks for reporting back.

c627627 said:

Arkaine23, lucky you didn't get A's.
I guess we should be telling people to continue avoiding newegg, except for 2100+ and 2500+ since gameve's got B's guaranteed for $49.

Ahhh wish I would've seen a deal like that a few weeks ago (Tbred A here). With this board I probably wouldn't see any difference anyway since there's no PCI lock and I won't get to the A's max overclock anyway.

Got one burning at 1875mhz at default voltage right now. Seems perfectly fine and cool. Will up the speed some more once I swap ram from another machine. I'm limited right now by PC2100 unless I want to run asychronous ram/FSB ratios, and I don't.

Will get some more done this afternoon during my son's naptime- ram swap to determin max speed of both CPU's.

My test machines are as follows:

SK7 +50cfm
8rda rev 1.1
Corsair PC3200
Enermax 431w

Volcano 9
A7N8x rev 1.4
generic PC3200 (crucial PC2100 right now though)
Raidmax 350w

Ok, I switched the ram. It needed 1.8v to do 2060 stable. Still moving up. Still haven't pulled apart my main box yet. Will probably see how both do in this machine and put the better one in my main box. Hoping these at least can do 2100. That's about where the old jiuhb 1800+ in my main box tops out, so that's what I need to beat.

I'm going to pump it up another 95mhz and maybe bump the voltage up a notch.

I actually have 5 Tbreds now, and none of them will OC above 2100mhz without at least 1.8v (I take that back, one of them can get 2175 on 1.75v) , and most of them need 1.85v -1.9v to do above 2150. Only one of them can do above 2200 so far, but then I haven't tried going that high on the two newest ones yet...

2400+ 0244 JIUHB did 2300 when I got it, now it does 2260 tops
2100+ 0302 JIUHB does 2160 on a good day, but I usually run it around 2120
1800+ 0304 JIUHB 2100 pretty solid, but not aboe that no matter how much voltage
1800+ 0325 KIUHB tested up to 2060 so far, and still going
1800+ 0325 KIUHB untested

As you can see, none of these are really impressive, and all are DUT3C with default voltage of 1.65v.

Huh? 1.8 volts with all those T-Bred B's and you can't do 2.2??
What's the cooling, FSB and mobos on all of them?
Are you using good power supplies?

I'm guessing that the third letter in the 4 digit alpha code after the manufacturing date stepping info (03250 is near the letter A!

Locked-up above 2070mhz. Didn't matter if I pumped it with 1.92v or not. Am not going to bother with the second CPU.

They're VPMW.

Yeah, most of my Tbreds are older, before the DLT3C's hit the scene. The 2400+ is good. It gets close to 2300mhz. The 2100+ should have been good, but it's run hot ever since it survived a failed 8rda chipset volt mod. The 1800+ I got was before the good 1700+ and 1800+ were out also, it came from Fry's and I hand picked it so I got a JIUHB instead of a JIUCB. The two newest are obviously a junk stepping. A, J, K, R those are the first letter of any stepping code from best to worst- generalizing anyway. There are probably some exceptions.

I listed the stats ^ there in a previous post. The boxes are decent and should be able to hit above 2200 with a good CPU.

A7N8X w/ 350w raidmax, minimal installed hardware, win2k, PC3200 that does 190 w/ fast timings which I'm running at 180 w/ slow timings, Volcano 9, good case cooling.

8rda w/ 431w Enermax, pimped out gaming box, win2k, Corsair PC3200 that can do 198, SK7 with 53cfm fan, good case cooling.

It's a good thing I have two friends who need CPU's and don't care much about OC'ing (why I decided to take the risk ordering from newegg in the first place). They'll be happy to get cheap 2Ghz upgrades.

I just ordered a 2400+ from newegg. I noticed they are listed as AXDA2400DKV3C and only $76. These are 1.6v default and also probably have a good chance at being AIXHB's, since all AIXHB's I've seen are 2400's and are also DKV3C's. Besides I have older chipset boards that can do much better with a higher multi if the 2400+ doesn't work out for my main boxes. I'll probably get a guarunteed stepping at exacaliberpc.com to replace the 2nd CPU. As soon as I can sell these junk 1800+'s......

I don't know, how can he not be doing 2.1 on all the T-Bred B's with ease?

Could it be the Volcano heatsink? Thermal paste applied incorrectly?
I have a difficult time accepting that all those CPUs are like that.

OK so he's using, nForce2 - check.
RAM is fine - check
He's applying the voltage injections - check (I'm assuming he's hitting his RAM voltage a little above default too)
The power supply could be the problem, it's not an Antec or a Fortron but they're not too shabby so it can't be the PSU.

That leaves the CPU and cooling.

Well we already have the below average CPU theory, so it's that or the cooling...

What's the case temp situation exactly? How many case fans?

Again, does anybody think it could be the Volcano heatsink keeping him at 2.1 GHz?

It's strange if you ask me... one CPU maybe but so many of them...

Arkaine23, are you a particularly unlucky fellow?

I'm convinced its just bad luck. My 2400+ is great. It did 2304 when I first got it (back when Tbred B's were brand new, last Fall). It struggles a little now but can still do 2260 solidly.

The 2100+ never did quite as much as I wanted it to, but it was never bad either. Probably because I blew up the 8rda I put it on with a volt mod. Ever after it ran about 4C hotter than all my other Tbreds, no matter what board I put it in or cooler I used on it. It can do 2158 or so pretty stable, but I give it a little leeway since it runs hot. I run it in a KX7-333r right now.

The 1800+ I got along with a K7S5A (deal at Fry's). I run it in my 8rda right now. Best speed I ever got from it was 2112. It's a good stepping, just not a great OC'er. I aim to replace it with a new "good" CPU and trade it for a palomino and a small amount of green paper so my friend can get a nice upgrade.

My load temps for these three stay around 47C - 52C in the summer and more like 43C in the winter (except the 2100+ which runs a few degrees warmer than the others). I have an SK7, Volcano 9, Galciator 2, and MCX462 w/ 120mm fan. I know temps are not holding me back, because I OC'ed all three of these Tbreds in my garage when it was below freezing and they didn't see any real gains in spite of running at like 25C load.

My 5v on the Enermax is 5.02v. My 5v on the Raidmax is 4.89v. I run the 2400+ on an 8kha+. It only has a 300w Enhance PSU, but it still gets that CPU up above 2200mhz. I don't think its the few budget PSU's at fault.

PS- I got rid of the KIUHB's and ordered the 2400+ from newegg. I also when to Fry's and hand-picked a DLT3C JIUHB 1800+ for $70.

Last edited:
Back