• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for Athlon64 FX Data Sheet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shade00

Does anyone know where I can find one of these? I'd like to compare the Opteron and A64 pins to see where the extra pin is and what it does. I'm hypothesizing that the extra pin on the Opteron has something to do with processor ID and whether or not the chipset identifies it as an A64 or Opteron.

* There is no difference between the 940 pin Opteron 1xx and the 940 pin Athlon 64.

* 940 pin vs. 939 pin: The extra pin is required for simultaneous SMP/hypertransport multiprocessing on six layer Opteron motherboards.

(whatever that means)

How would you get an Athlon64 FX Data Sheet when it hasn't been released yet? It's hard enough to get an actual CPU sample, isn't it?

c627627 said:
How would you get an Athlon64 FX Data Sheet when it hasn't been released yet? It's hard enough to get an actual CPU sample, isn't it?

I know. That's why I was asking. Perhaps one had leaked out.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I had forgotten that the A64 would be available in a 940-pin configuration. That kind of throws things out the window.

Back