• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU temp Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

Im not really keen on the conversion of 'C to 'F. Is a GPU temp under load of 89'F Good? This is with air cooling. 1-side intake, 2 Front 80mm Intakes, 1-80mm Top Intake. 1-PCI blower rear. 92mm Pan On Bracket (pctoys) Blowing on All copper HS. 92mm Fan on same bracket Blowing on Vid card. Stock ATI cooling.

Sorry for the long exp. But just got going and couldnt stop LOL.

Harry

I'd say that was a pretty good temp. My 9500 Pro is extremely hot to the touch even with a side panel fan blowing on it, I imagine maybe 10-15 degrees hotter than yours. (Stock Cooling)

I also have some trouble with Celcius to farenheit conversion, as being American I can't really imagine what one degree is Celcius is like (I hope you get my drift). You may also want to bookmark a Temp Converter

I would say 89 F is great...My 9700 Pro gets up around 52 C under load (125 F) using a Lian-Li temperature monitor with the compu-nurse probe mounted to the back of the GPU to get the temperature...:)

harryinny3 said:
Im not really keen on the conversion of 'C to 'F. Is a GPU temp under load of 89'F Good? This is with air cooling. 1-side intake, 2 Front 80mm Intakes, 1-80mm Top Intake. 1-PCI blower rear. 92mm Pan On Bracket (pctoys) Blowing on All copper HS. 92mm Fan on same bracket Blowing on Vid card. Stock ATI cooling.

Harry

Harry, Thats a great Temp for that card,
89f is 31.6 c May I ask how your taking the measurements? I'm doing a waterblock shootout and the way Im taking measurements is I slipped a flat Digital doc probe under the shim, and I have one probe on the backside of the card opposite the GPU's core.

I remember when I first joined this website everybody was quoting their Temps in Celsius and I was like you, I didnt like this method, but as time went by I noticed it was much easier using Metrics, especially when it came to taking modding measurements , and making my silversinks as using millimeters was just more accurate and less confusing than inches.

Heres a tool that will help you, it helped me :)

http://www.pitt.edu/~rsup/tempconv.html

Im Useing a probe on the

Back of the gpu. You know, back of the board. Pretty accurate so far. With cool weather comeing, Right now with window cracked im temping out at 76F. OOPS forgot the C calculation LOL.

Harry

Back