• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Filters?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you looking to buy something completely premade or would you prefer to buy filter material and then make your own?

Go to the supermarket and buy a couple brillo pads. Easy filters that aren't *that* airflow restrictive. Otherwise, buy some small home a/c filters and chop them up to fit whatever hole you are putting them in.

A/C filter is what I use. Very good stuff. Some others use dryer sheets or pantyhose.

Thanks for the replies,

I was thinking of buying the Ones that came with my buddys case. ThermalTake case. The filters come in colors, But i went to TT and cant find them listed. Newegg didnt have them either.

If not, What about Silk stockings? Or is that Way out there?

Harry

I just bought the black ones from SVC. It's nothing more than some thin foam. Not that it won't work, it's just not really nice of anything. You could get the metal mesh ones, but those are more for protection than dust filtering. Also, as with any filter, expect less airflow.

Thanks all

I think im just going to buy a thin piece of AC filter. That should work fine for now.

Harry

Yup, that will work fine... and if you buy a large enough A/C filter, you'll have plenty of material to strip off... room for the future!

Back