• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you guys use to fill the laser cuts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JOptionPane

Registered
what do you guys use to fill the laser cuts?
I just checked fed-x and my 1700 is on the truck for delivery :)
I was going to use the silicone that is high temp like for manifolds to fill in the L1 bridges. Will it work I am still learning about overclocking so your input will be greatly appreciated. And let me see if I got this right all I need to do is fill the L1 bridges and then connect them. is that all?

Thanks
JOptionPane

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS !!!!

What CPU did you buy? If it is a 1700+ Tbred, then you shouldn't have to fill-in and connect any of the bridges. All Tbred's are multiplier unlocked. Your mobo will determine which multipliers you have access to. What mobo do you have?

This is the cpu AXDA1700DUT3C JIUHB0318TPMW or so they say i have not got it yet.but should be here soon today :) the motherboard is a Biostar M7NCG PRO with a nForce2 chipset. and i also have a ThermalTake Volcano 9 for cooling.

Thanks
JOptionPane

The chip you have ordered is the 1700+ Tbred B, with 1.60 Vc (CPU voltage), week 18 of 2003.

You shouldn't have to fill-in / connect the bridges with that CPU and mobo combination. You should be able to change the CPU multiplier and FSB speed via the BIOS. If you have any questions about overclocking via the BIOS, please feel free to ask. Anyone here in the forums will help.

yeah you'll be able to change the multipliers freely at 12.5 (i think) and below

that should be all you need.. if you want to run slower fsb's and higher multi i think you need to cut an L3 bridge or something...

Ok guys it is time for the fun to begin. I have had one terrible time getting the cpu to work but I got it. The problem was the copper shim was not letting the heat sink make good contact and it would not see the new CPU took out the shim and all is well. But the new 1700 is only running at 1102.5 I think it still set at the old 1 GHz settings I have not messed with the settings yet. Still reading trying to figure it all out and what everything means. Not want to mess thing up by being stupid. Anyone have a good idea where I should start?

Thanks
JOptionPane

Start by setting the system bus or front side bus to 133 instead of 100. That will up your speed to 1466mhz, the default for that CPU.

Try setting the System Performance to EXPERT in the BIOS. This should allow you to adjust all of the settings. Then set the CPU multiplier to DEFAULT and the FSB to 133 MHz. Hopefully this will give you 1466 MHz.

From there, you can start overclocking depending on your memory and overall system cooling. I would set the AGP frequency to 66 MHz, rather than Auto. This will lock your AGP bus so that you do not have to worry with it later.

Overclocking is all about multipyer an FSB. take out a calculator and multiply the two to get your CPU speed.

What kind of ram do you have? Ram can limit the FSB you can achieve, but you can still raise the multiplyer.

Overclocking also requires extra voltage for the CPU and ram (vcore and vdimm). But more speed and more voltage also = more heat.

What kind of cooling device and case cooling do you have?

Overclocking to 1875-2000mhz should be a snap, even if you don't have very good cooling or ram. give us as many details as you can.

Also, you will need a program to stress your system to make sure its stable. 3d games are good. So are applications like Folding@home, Prime95, and 3dmark. Run these for a while and to make sure your system doesn't crash when you change the bios settings. Overclock in little steps, that way you minimize any risk of damaging your hardware.

This is the CPU 1700DUT3C the motherboard is a Biostar M7NCG PRO with a nForce2 chipset. And I also have a ThermalTake Volcano 9 for cooling. The ram is Kingston 256MB 333MHz pc 2700 CL 2.5 I have two of them running Dual Channel DDR a 128 bit let me know if there is anything else you need to guys. It still won’t boot at 133 MHz but I am still trying and not going to give up.

link to mobo info

Thanks
JOptionPane

Back