• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Harddrive LED and A7N8X Deluxe resolved

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The VTech

Captain Bawls
OK I have discovered something with this issue for those of us that have the following problem with the LED EXACTLY. I have tried this out with a buddy here in town who has the same issue and it has worked for both of us.

You should meet all or most of the following issues.

First, one way it is off and one way it is always on (or solid)
Windows XP Home or Pro
SATA drive used
2 IDE optical drives
1-2 IDE Harddrives
5v LED Blue, Red or Green
400w+ PSU

OK here's what I FOUND about my setup. The motherboard is similar to the ECCS system on a modern car. It learns.

After 3 weeks of using my system and leaving the LED connected to be ON all the time. The LED now works. There are 3 reasons for this that I have found.

One, IDE optical drives.
You need to ensure that you have one set as master and one as a slave AND need BOTH connected soundwise to the board. Use the AUX connector for one of them or a digital connection.

Two, EIDE Hard Drives
Make sure that if you are using this setup, that you have the latest nForce2 drives loaded PRIOR to overclocking anything.
Also, when using XP Home or Pro, you should run a FULL update including loading the newer version of the sound device.

Three, SOUND
Make SURE, that no matter what setup you are using, that you have ALL connections setup so that ALL speakers are working as they should be. This seems to matter as a recent change to my system in this area, is part of the reason the LED works. If you change it back and forth, you will notice the LED stops working right.

Also, if you are using the USB 2 settings and are bypassing the SP1 fix, you may have issues. Get a legit copy of XP and upgrade it to SP1.

Hope this does help some of you that have this issue and have been living with it.

:D

Back