• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soltek SL-75FRN2-L FSB "issues"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TruckyJ

Hey everyone, I recently grabbed a SL-75FRN2-L for overclocking fun. I have a 1700+ TB JUICB, and I am trying to run it at a higher FSB/lower multiplier combo to bump up the memory bandwidth. Right now I am running 11X177, totally rock solid (SuperPi, Sandra burn in tested). If I drop it to 10.5x182 it will post, but will be a slightly lower clock speed (its 1.95Ghz right now).

The thing is when I drop the multiplier further to go up to an even higher FSB (beyond 182) the board drops the RAM speed down. I have DDR 400 ram, and I don't see why the board would do this. Up till 182 FSB the ram will run synronous with the FSB, but at 183 it will be dropped down to 150mhz....what the heck? I hear that the "aggresive" setting under the FSB adjuster in the bios is undesirable. Is this true?

Think the VDD voltage needs a jump? It's at default right now. Does the Vdimm voltage need to be raised as well? I can't seem to get posts on the processor much beyond where its sitting right now as far as speed goes. Perhaps this is simply the max (1.95-2 Ghz) output for the JUICB stepping (I'm at 1.8v Vcore)? Any help would be great, I'll keep you posted on what I can get this baby up too. I fear that my RAM is being looked at as DDR 2700 instead of 3200. Yikes.

Thanks!

:cool:

Last edited:
I have this board and have no problems, I am using the D1.1L bios that it came with, I have full memory control as PCluva had, I have found lot of info on the probelem you are having over at the amd forum, there is a modded bios for overclocking that gives you all the options here is the link for it.

http://www.geocities.com/ribrsiq/FRN2.html

but I am having no problems overclocking have managed 228 x 10.5 with a 1700 dlt3c 222 x 11 the only thing holding me back is my memory good luck.

Results....

Thanks for the help. I threw on the OC bios and set the RAM to 100%. I was unable to overclock the final output of the CPU any further. However I was able to run the FSB at 195 instead of 177. I did this at 10x195. At 9.5x205 I had some RAM stability issues. I had 1 time where I got the blue screen shortly after starting windows, so I dropped it back down to 10x195. I am running these settings to get the max Mhz/highest stable FSB combo possible.

So thanks again.

:cool:

Back