• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rdavcore 0.6b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very nice work.It will save a lot of rebooting when i get a new cpu.
Thanks

This sounds extremely cool and I will try it. I amazed that here have not been many replies! Have you had PM's from people using this? Seems like a God send fro those of us who shy from soldering. Thanx HasW

I just read a review of the board saying that the PLL IC is built into the chipset so there is no way to change the FSB within Windows.

Yes, the PLL is build into the chipset (southbridge). But this PLL can be controlled by software (Bios). So it will work in windows too, if somebody writes software for this ;-)

But it's true, the most FSB tools using the ext. PLLs (and for these exists datasheets) connected to the I2C bus. And because there is no official datasheet for the build in PLL it is difficult to get in working....

Thanks for the comment. Man o man would this be a completely cool little program here if the FSB could be adjusted. That's not to say that it is not cool and functional now, but you get the point. Thanks.

personally, i'd just stick to the bios... what difference does it make where you change the voltage? i mean, if your computer crashes, just up the voltage in bios when rebooting....

hmm. what about if you were to run prime95, while lowering the voltage to see at which point you get errors... could be very useful.... this idea just struck me... i've known of this proggy for a little while... will do it when i get home... maybe i don't have to run 2.05 volts through my chip... :thup:

Why is it everytime i come to the forums, someone has found something amazingly useful, after the fact that I've already done hardware mods to do the same thing?
Seriously though, nice homework Hasw. Now all i need is a proggie to control latency timers for PCI, memory, etc. to see what happens in real-time.

Here is 8rdavcore 0.6.5beta:

http://www.hasw.net/8rdavcore/8rdavcore-0.6.5b.zip

Look at this screenshot for changes:
8rdavcore-sc1.png

However, because there is now a tool from NVidia which is (I hope ;) better programmed than my crazy beta program, there is no need for it.

So I think this is last 8rdavcore release.

Greetings,
Hasw

Hasw said:

sorry, lol, i was too lazy to edit my post... but i found it before you posted it ;) thanx neverless

anyways, considering the system utility tool, 8rdavcore is a LOT better than the nvidia tool... the 8rdavcore is MEANT for the 8rda, and you can change a lot more options than just the fsb...

my vote goes towards 8rda vcore tool...

Actually, nVidia's tool won't let me get to any of the advanced settings for some reason. BTW, your screenshot shows apparent access to the FSB. But when I downloaded the file, it's still grayed out.

Because FSB changing doesn't work better (yet) than the nvidia tool...sometimes it lookups. I don't want to offer a tool that lookup the computer and I get tons of mails that FSB-changing doesn't work stable ;)

Back