• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP a local comp shop.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steven4563

ok heres the deal

i phoned up a comp shop today to buy a 9700np

anyway he asked me what my comp specs was so i told him whats in my sig below and he says my Adata ram is too slow lol

i know for a fact its not to slow lol he also tells me id have to install a patch to run my NF7-S at 200+ FSB but i havent lol

anyone have a idea y he said this

anyway i think the bloke was a N00B!!!! :)

no patch here, and I'm running 225 DC w/ NF7-S and twinmos PC3700. maybe it's your ****ty (as close to the best out there) RAM that needs a patch?!?!? hehe, just buy the card, set him strait and tell him to patch his wounded ego.

maybe he's seeing if your the N00B so he can sell you a 9000np in a 9700np box!

he also said bring your comp over and we will put it up againest one off our systems so when i get my 9700np i will take it over and kick his arse :) lol

hmm..yeah, I patched up my RAM..downloaded drivers for my CPU, put all my HDs on the same IDE channel, I also didn't see the need for that big metal looking with a fan on it that is placed over my processor...IT WAS TRYING TO MAKE IT COLD!!

lol..jk will all this u know.. ;-)

the guy at the store is a n00b..possibly even more than me.........nah

i plan on doing that when another comp shop gets me a 9700np hes phoned up about 20 people to find one for me so when i get my 9700np modded and everythings running cool i go and shut him up with his ti4200 lol he reckons hes only 5000points in 3dmark2001se off a 9800pro properly got the 9800pro with a k-6 550mhz lol

I have never met a single employee at PC Club, CompUSA, or Best Buy that had any idea what they were talking about. Last time I asked a question at Compusa it took 3 people to figure out what I was asking for. (I was asking for 80 mm fan filters. They couldn't understand why.)

You should ask that guy if some Rambus would do better in your system since it runs at PC1066 and your DDR only runs at DDR440.;)

Last edited:
Needitcooler said:
I have never met a single employee at PC Club, CompUSA, or Best Buy that had any idea what they were talking about. Last time I asked a question at Compusa it took 3 people to figure out what I was asking for. (I was asking for 80 mm fan filters. They couldn't understand why.)

The PCClub by me has some MOSTLY intelegent employees, they arn't that dumb but dont really know anything about OCing...

He may have gotten the patch idea from some NF2 mobo's needing BIOS updates, at least in revision 1 (I think thats what it was), he should have researched that before TELLING it (as opposed to suggesting the possiblity).

man if you learn japanese and come here its the oposite. most computer sales people actualy know thier stuff BUT you have to know how to speak to them in a way they can understand ( they use diferent terms sometimes aside from speeking japanese)

for instance i asked a guy about my old dx7 motherboard and he was able to tell me about the specific bios required to run it and its limitations to what procs ect within a minute with just checking a few of his facts.
now sales people are rarely experts so asking dificult questions may not get you a correct answer but thats to be expected .
for instance asking a sales person at "jo average store" the person isnt going to know if the ram runs bh5 or ch5 chips .

Back