• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Problems w/ Epox 8rDa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DepthwD

Registered
My computer will make an allarm and say C1 when i try to boot. This started when i switched CD-rom drives and IDE cables but the problem is not related to that. Memory is not the problem but the thing wont even post. The power comes on though and stays on so its haning up somewhere between post screen and poweer on.

DepthwD said:
My computer will make an allarm and say C1 when i try to boot. This started when i switched CD-rom drives and IDE cables but the problem is not related to that. Memory is not the problem but the thing wont even post. The power comes on though and stays on so its haning up somewhere between post screen and poweer on.

Check the motherboard manual, does it say what C1 means?

Try stripping it down to just CPU/mobo/video/ram/psu and see if it boots OK.

C1 means RAM issues, Stripped to needed,k doesnt do crap... gives the same error but the RAM has been tested and worked in the board b4, reseated all nothin... anything that i can do? also tried insert for entertainment

DepthwD said:
C1 means RAM issues, Stripped to needed,k doesnt do crap... gives the same error but the RAM has been tested and worked in the board b4, reseated all nothin... anything that i can do? also tried insert for entertainment

Try different RAM in your board, try using various slots, try clearing CMOS.

Same problem here, I just posted a question about it.

I did a bios flash, and now, "beeeeeeeep", "C1", no boot.

I have not encountered this issue on an 8rda, but I have in 8kha+ boards-
In each instance it was memory starting to fail.

I suggest running memtest or some such ram testing software.
In each instance I have seen this (3 or 4 times now) the ram would post in other boards.....occasionally; as time went on the ram failed completely.
It is my suspicion that the boards may be more sensitive to ram errors and fail due to the ram starting to die.

rogerdugans said:
I have not encountered this issue on an 8rda, but I have in 8kha+ boards-
In each instance it was memory starting to fail.

I suggest running memtest or some such ram testing software.
In each instance I have seen this (3 or 4 times now) the ram would post in other boards.....occasionally; as time went on the ram failed completely.
It is my suspicion that the boards may be more sensitive to ram errors and fail due to the ram starting to die.

I think you nailed it! I just tried a stick of pc2700 from another machine, and it booted!!!! I don't know what is up, as this pc3200 that I had in there is more or less brand new.

Anyway, thanks! I though my bios was fried or something.

well the ram isnt dead and the board isnt being sensitive because i tried multiple sicks in multi boards all work but the board.... is the board dead or just extremely picky about the 3 ram sticks i have...

I am having the same problem, although sometimes it starts to boot and hangs on the BIOS at detecting IDE drives.

ok tried 4 sticks of ram 2x 2700 256 buffalo, 2100 256 stick, 2100 128 stick, cleared cmos, reseated **everything**, tried with nothing but proc and ram still c1, and i tried a differnt proc (2000+ amd) still nothing... what should i go and try now?

sounds like your ram slots are no good period....dunno what could have happened....

All i know is i used to have 1 gig of pc3200 mem running dual channel and one day I booted up and i can no longer use the 2nd or 3rd ram slots.....both give c1 errors and that funny tune plays when the pc boots up.

Other then that i love my board though....just wish i could use this 512meg stick of ram i have sitting here :(

or you just didn't clear your cmos....

i only get c1 when i try and run insane timings

although it could be the slots... but, the possibility of having 3 faulty memory slots is very rare....... dead memory controller? possible (rma here you go)

This may be a stupid question/suggestion, but DepthwD, did you try switching back to the original IDE cables and cd-rom?

Also, David bailed me out of a no boot situation once by suggesting I remove the mobo from the case, hook up the necessities only and try booting. By pulling the mobo out, I found the problem:) Thanks again David!

Back