• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a 133 Mhz fsb duron??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Henry Rollins II

I just put together a small box that Im gonna use for my TV. A cheapo box with SDRAM and Duron(woa!). The cheapest CPU in stock was a Duron 1.4. Funny, I thought AMD was gonna stop making the durons? I expected a scaled down thunderbird core, but this looks like the t-bred core.

Anyone know for a fact if this actually is a t-bred core with scaled down(disabled?) L2? Sholud be a hell of an overclocker then.

you have one already? i knew they were coming but did not know rhey were out, yes it is a scaled down barton/tbred core, and on the front page is a bridge guide to try and reenable the l2 cache

Yeah I ordered it 3 days ago and got it today. I think they have had it in stock for a while, it aint listed as new and they got hundreds in stock.

Intresting. I should try it in my nforce board.

Hmm.. if you ran CPU-Z with it... shouldn't it show whether or not its .18 or .13 micron?

Bleh I forgot to check the stepping before I mounted the CPU. Can it be checked via software somehow? Its a big hassle to remove the cpu, I will have to remove almost everything in the box(MICRO-ATX).

no you cant check the stepping without looking on the chips label itself. There are new durons out that use a 266 ddr bus, and are the same core as the t bred b's, but they only have 64k cache, which sometimes can be enabled, but some of the cpus have damaged cache, some dont.

As far as ive seen there is a 1.4GHZ chip, and a 1.6, and those are clock speeds and not PR ratings.

im REALLY interested in one of these chips. on x-bitlabs they show a 1.6 apple running at 2.3, and they compare it running at 1.6 to a stock 1900+ (1.6GHz as well), and the apple wasnt too far behind the athlon in benchies. but at 400FSB and 2300MHz, it was getting some very impressive scores.

Back