• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

panaflo vs stealth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pixel

which is better? price and performance and i really dont know an only merchant to buy from please someone help

Well if you are looking for silence go with the panaflo. Some fans develop other noises such as ticking or humming and stuff like that when undervolted but the panaflos are one of the best fans for running at low voltage.

both are pretty quiet---i was just wondering which one has higher cfms and where i can get it

I assume you are talking 80mm fans here?

Hrm well the vantec stealth is 1 model of fan. Panaflo is a brand of fans, there are multiple versions. The L1A is very popular and is the quiter of the panaflo fans (most likely the one you are refering to). The l1a is like 24 cfm at 21dba I think. I think the vantec is like 27cfm at 21dba. IMHO pure dba ratings is not the whole story as pitch amongst other things also plays a factor. Both fans are very very quiet though ;)

panaflo L1a 24cfm @ 21dba 4.95
panaflo h1a 39cfm @ 32 dba 2.95 (w/15.00 minimum order)

go to cyber deals here and search keyword panaflo, you will find several links from good resellers for these prices. i would reccomend the h1a if your case is 1in and 1out or the L1a for 2in 2out applications for a quiet pc

Panaflo L1A 120mm:
30dba, 68.9 cfm

Panaflo M1A 120mm:
35.5dba, 86.5 cfm

Vantec Stealth 120mm:
28dba, 53 cfm

Here is a great thread on a forum dedicated to silence:

http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=4456

There are also links in that thread to other threads on the same subject. There is alot of great info in there about 120mm fans at all voltages.

And yeah I agree that evercool aluminum fan is very cool. Not one of the 2 fans asked about but as far as 120mm fans go that is one of the best.

Last edited:
I agree.

I have 2 Vantec Stealth 80mm, and if I volt it down to 7v using my rheobus, it's noisier than at 12v. :(

I have not tested out the Panaflor L1a's though.

Deathknight said:
Well if you are looking for silence go with the panaflo. Some fans develop other noises such as ticking or humming and stuff like that when undervolted but the panaflos are one of the best fans for running at low voltage.

Its a crime the way most sites handle shipping. You know I might be more inclined to buy from other places if they would just stand up and say yeah I am charging a couple of bucks more for this thing, here is my shipping cost. Until then I am ordering everything I can from newegg.

panaflo is an entire brand known for being quiet. even if you get an H1A at 35Dba that 35Dba will be quieter than alot of other companies that make the same claim. also the 120mm panaflo's are usually 38mm thick instead of 25. this is where they can squeeze the extra CFM out.

i'd go with the panaflo. i even own a 120mm stealth. it's not a bad fan but the panaflo is a better deal because the claims are conservative and the fan most likely moves more air then specified.

emericanchaos makes some good points concerning decible ratings. There really isn't any clear standard for measuring volume of a fan. There really is no way to know for sure when you look at the stats a particular manufacturer lists for a fan what distance that the measurement was taken at for instance. Also I think pitch makes a big difference. The #s are a good guideline but I don't think they are the end all be all.

well so far i got my eyes set on the panaflo m1a or should i go for that one at xoxide? im getting 2 for a push and pull on my heater core

Try this instead. It makes the Panaflo's seem loud. When these are 7V modded, my Seagate Barracuda 7 is at about the same noise level as the fans.

And, yes, volt modded stealths do click...

Back