• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Silver 3 or Ceramique

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

substratus

Which do you guys think is better? I hear people saying they get better temps with ceramique, but I find it hard to work with, it's almost impossible to get a real good flat even layer. I have some on my cpu right now, but I wonder if I should try AS3 (got both laying around), and compare temps. Can I get some opinions?

Thanks,

John

you cant wait 1 month for a thermal paste.. hehe

just go wtih the ceramique.. its a dollar cheaper performs similar and easier to clean up ;d

Why is this in the CPU section and not cooling?

Anyway, go with the ceramique, it's non conductive so if you do a poor job of spreading it, you won't have to worry about shorting something out on your motherboard. I've never used AS3 before so I can't compare the two.

I've used both AS3 and Ceramique. I'm currently using Ceramique and have experience a 2C drop in load temp, ceteris parabis. I didn't think it was all that hard to manipulate as I was using the knife on a mini-swiss army knife.

~THT

I thought AS3 was easier to spread cause the Ceramique is sooo thick. I've switched to Ceramique anyway, but I haven't noticed any temp difference between the two.

i think ceramique is worth the convenince of clean up, and i havent heard any people say it performs any worse than as3...

and dont botehr waiting for as5.... 'eh' is what i sayto a month long wait

From the review I read on it ceramique was the winner by 2C. So lets see 2C better and easy clean up, I would say this could be a hard choice to make.

but they say you dont get immediate effects with AS3 and u have to wait like 2 weeks for it harden and be working at its best.

Back