• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to buy? 8rda+ or 8rda3+ or 8rga+ or NF7??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Fri

Alright you OCing pros. I need some pros (and cons) to help me decide on a mobo to run with my new 1800XP,

I want to keep the price to about $100 or less.

Raid is not important, sound is not too important, but cpu upgradability is important (perhaps someday I'll put in an XP2500)or .

I was all set to buy an 8rda+ but heard (thru this forum) that they are being discountinued.

Should I get either an 8rga+ ($103) or an 8rda3+ ($110)?

Can anyone suggest one of these boards over the other?

Or, since there's a good knowledge and a large written database in these forums, should I try to find an 8rda+ somewhere ($87) and go with it before they run out of stock?

Then, there's a strong number of members who say the Abit NF7 is the way to go. I don't need raid or a super sound card so geting the NF7-s would be over kill for me.

Lot's of choices, which one should I order?

Can you guys give me reasons to go for one Mobo over another?

You all seem to favor the nf7 but why would you choose it over a 8rga+ mobo? The 8rGa should perform a bit better than the 8rDa. What would be the disadvantages of using the 8rga?

8RDA+ was and is one of the greatest overclocking and moddable motherboards I have ever seen.

8RGA i know nothing about.

NF7-S customers are getting 230-250FSB out of it easily, and its the top performer on the market for NF2 boards.

im not a big epox fan, nor a big abit fan. If i was to go with Epox though, I would easily pick the 8RDA+ over any other board just because there's hundreds of users at AMDMB forums with the board and they have modded and beaten and molded this thing in any way they see fit lol.

The NF7-S is just hte top board (until I think the DFI LanParty NF2 Rev "B" hits the shelves real soon) for NF2.

I've got an 8RGA+, NF7 and NF7-S. I would vote for the Abits depending on the opts you want, just better overclocking. But 230 is listed as a song and I don't agree with that. You should make 210ish but after that it depends on the luck of the draw, most often 230 requires a mod.

Back