• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Restart problem w/ high Vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

threeputt

I have this annoying problem. Whenever I increase my Vcore to the max in the BIOS, I cannot restart my PC. I can shut it down and start it up normally, but whenever I click "Restart" in windows, or even when exiting from BIOS, it will not start up again. It will just hang w/ the fans going. I posted this on PSU forum thinking it was a power issue, but didn't get anywhere. I hooked up duel PSU to eliminate PSU being the problem. Anyone seen this problem? Thanx...

Do you overclock more at the same time as you raise the Vcore? If it hangs at the same speed (or worse yet, at stock) on max Vcore, I don't know what could be wrong. I've never had that happen to me.

Hmmm... I didn't try to run it at stock speed w/ max Vcore... I should try that to see if the CPU speed or FSB has anything to do with it...

I would only have this problem on my GA-7VAXP when I'd overclocked too high. It seemed to be stable in Windows, but I couldn't come out from an OS restart. If you let it sit there for a minute, does it restart? I know that some Gigabyte boards will hang if you give them bad settings, then they'll take a minute and reset the CMOS and restart.

Hmmm... I've never let it sit there to reset itself... I think most I've waited was about 15-20 sec... Then I'll just hold down power button to shut it down completely and start it up again... I guess I'll try to "wait it out"... Thanx:)

Well, I've waited it out but still no improvement... I've gotten Fortron 350W and as I suspected, the power wasn't the problem... Let me know if anyone else wants to throw me an idea....Thanx

The only other thing I can think of is a little far fetched, but maybe upping your Vcore is depriving your memory of a slight bit of voltage. Try loosening up your timings (though at stock speed I don't think it would be a problem) and give your Vdimm +0.1V.

Back