• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can this be a memory problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P-nut

At 200x11.5 when I power down and try to repower,it says system failed memory test.The fans are spinning and the lights are on but it will not post.I have to hold down the power button to manually shut it down,then I can repower and it will boot right up into windows.If I restart it will boot back into windows.Power back down and try to power up,same thing happens "system failed memory test.I run it at 200x11.5 for so long.This just started happening.I have it at 200x11 and I can power it down and power back up and it boots into windows fine EVERY time.It seems at 200x11.5 is the only time it won't power up right.It's not the psu because my rails look fine.I don't think it's cpu related because like I said I ran it at 200x11.5 for months.I have corsair ram comeing next week,so maybe that'll fix it.What you guys think?

well, either something changed(as in you were doing something, went back, and forgot something), or you've been struck by the "too much voltage, too long" stick

how is your o/s? is it clean? do you lock your agp frequency at 66mhz?

you also say you don't think it's your psu, cause your rails look fine. Are they fine as in: They don't fluctuate, or: They are at where they need to be.?

if it's just cause they don't fluctuate, they could still be being strained.

it could also be the cooling of the power supply, i actually ran into this problem when setting up my cooling system

i had too much exhaust, and the air ended up being stagnent(SP?) in the power supply, in other words, the fan for the psu counter-acted the rest of the exhaust, so it didn't push any air, the psu got hot and i started noticing stability problems

just a thought, good luck, hope it's not that you stressed your cpu

Back