• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will 2 120mm fans on side of case be OK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1eyedjak

It will be so much easier to mount 2 120's on the side and 1 on top for a blowhole than for me to hack up and modify the fron t and rear to accept the 120's in stock locations.

will this worK?

mike

part of why you put the fans on the front is so the cool air will blow through the case across the components towards the back. putting fans in the side is going to have the cool air blow on the side of the case.

if you need an alternate spot you could use the bottom panel if yor case doesn't sit on carpet. as long as you have a hard surface to sit the case on thenthe bottom panel would be a better option.

The only problem is the hard drives in the front of the case wont have much air flow over them.

maybe keep a 80 in the front and back just for good mesure

I have built several systems with just 2 fans in the side 1 in the back and 1 in the top but i find the hdds get hot!

I may keep one in the front for just the hard drives.

Point is to eliminate the noisy Deltas and not loose air volume.

I will keep 1 in front since I now have 2 hd's

Mike

Back