• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A-Data PC4000 at 301MHz(602MHz DDR)...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hipro5

How's that???......A friend of mine came into my lab to modd his Mobo, 9800 and ANTEC PSU and he had 2 x 256MB A-Data PC4000 with him........Well I couldn't NOT to test them so I did......... :D

Mobo : ABIT IC7-G
Ram : 2x 256MB A-Data PC4000 at Cas 2.5 - 7 - 4 - 4 (not very bad) at 3.35Vdimm
Cooling : Modded Prometeia with R404 gas

There you go........ :D

A-DataPC4000_301MHz_png.png

One more slap across the face folks in Abit that could not figure out they need to let us adjust voltage in BIOS on our own.
Scary bandwidth! ;)

how about some Geil 4200 there Hipro?

only 3.275 volts, my 3.3 volt line sensor is holding my Vdimm back... :( I will change that soon ;)

305.JPG

5:4 with aggressive timings is better than 1:1 with lose timings....... ;)

This is a 5:4 bench with EPOX Mobo.....If I had an ASUS one I think l could do better......

Mem_7034_png.png

Last edited:
Strange... You are running at 13 more FSB, and his score is better, yet you say your method is better?

Lithan said:
Strange... You are running at 13 more FSB, and his score is better, yet you say your method is better?

A couple of salient points come to mind:

1) Unless I missed something only Hipro posted any scores.

2) Sandra buffered bandwidth is next to useless for any kind of performance evaluation. The 3DMark2001 and PCMark 2002 memory score will bear out the truth of what Hipro is saying. I maintain that 1:1 with PAT and 2-2-2-5 timings is actually better than both, but you have to have a higher multiplier than most have to make it come off.

Hipro, have you found the highest fsb you can do 1:1, 2-2-2-5, and PAT at and cranked up the multiplier on your ES chip to match? I'd be curious to know if it doesn't provide surprising results.

3DMark at 640 x 480 ? ......I haven't tested yet........BUT at the EXACT same CPU frequency(MHz - fsb) with Ram 5:4 and aggressive timings , I get better score in 3DMark than 1:1 and these timings...... ;)

larva you are right....The 1:1 IS a bit better than 5:4 BUT ONLY if both are with aggressive timings.......The max I could bench was 261MHz with x 16 multi and Cas 2-5-2-2 - Street Racer - Enhanced - 5 Clocks - Enable(on IC7-G)......The best of all IS 1:1 at aggressive timings...... ;)

cpu-z_mem_1.1_263_png.png

Last edited:
Heh, I thought that would prove to be the case. One aspect that people routinely ignore when claiming 5:4 gives up nothing is the loss in PAT efficiency that occurs at ratios other than 1:1. Intel did a tremendous job optimizing performance at 1:1 through their typical excellent chipset design and the super-agressive effective timings that PAT invokes at the chipset level. This fact flies right over Sandra's head.

My machine's strength (well, for junk) while running the ram at a mere 380MHz shows the potential of the 1:1 mode if accompanied by GAT and/or PAT and 2-2-2-5 timings. It's a lot easier to make happen at 190fsb than 260 though, given today's ram quality.

The 5:4 mode is useful, but it doesn't perform quite as well at 1:1. It does allow people to crank up the fsb to achieve high on-chip clock rates though, and this of course is the most important quantity to be maximized. But to do so is just a bandaid for a too-low multiplier, and those that have the ability to choose a chip with a higher one or change it can reap the benefits of Intel's excellent 1:1 optimizations and produce better overall results.

1) Unless I missed something only Hipro posted any scores.
Yes, you missed the fact that the first score he posted isn't on his machine. That score shows that relaxed timings at 1:1 beats his machine that runs 5:4 with tight timmings at 13 MHz higher FSB. Though of course he did not post the clock of CPU there.
How about that going against your thesis? Not that I am advocating any though.

whatever2003 said:

Yes, you missed the fact that the first score he posted isn't on his machine. That score shows that relaxed timings at 1:1 beats his machine that runs 5:4 with tight timmings at 13 MHz higher FSB. Though of course he did not post the clock of CPU there.

unless I'm wrong, you miss understood hipro5....

the moded IC7 "is" hipro5's mobo as well as the epox.

only the sticks are not his.
also, the epox stinks at bandwith scores as compared to the IC7.

mica

whatever2003 said:

People were wanting to claim that someone else's results disproved what hipro was saying. Again, for those in the back row, only hipro posted any scores.

Secondly, Sandra is no judge of this. I could care less if anyone's scores, hipro's or otherwise, show slightly higher on the 5:4 settings. You might as well just guess which one is faster, Sandra is useless for this comparison.

hipro5 said:
3DMark at 640 x 480 ? ......I haven't tested yet........BUT at the EXACT same CPU frequency(MHz - fsb) with Ram 5:4 and aggressive timings , I get better score in 3DMark than 1:1 and these timings...... ;)

yeah I'm sure you'd get a amazing score.. I'm just curious as to how high it would be..

People were wanting to claim that someone else's results disproved what hipro was saying. Again, for those in the back row, only hipro posted any scores.
You still don't understand what was said. :D

Lithan said:

Although it is apparant I can't make this clear for you, the 'his' in the above was referring to someone besides hipro. Hipro posted the only scores in this thread. That was the point I was making.

Back