• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's a long shot!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aeon Flux

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, AS I HAVE A OUTST
I know it might be a long shot but I always have a small glimpse of hope. Recently I just killed my athlon tbird. As is I dont have any money to buy a new socket A chip. I've been looking everywhere to tryu and find one I could afford. Finally I scraped the bottom and tried to get an old duron 800 mhz chip to get my machine up and running again to only find out that AC micro has run out of stock of those chips and refuse to give me one from one of there many stores that still do have one. Anyway back to the glimmer of hope. The only thing I can find wrong with the Athlon is that one of the IC's on top of the chip is damaged. Its on of the ones near the L1 bridges that are cased in ceramic. What I want to know is are those tiny IC's memory for cache and if so is there some way I can bypass it by cutting or jumpering bridges somewhere to cut out that cache? Im willing to take the performace hit to have the machine up and running again. Im desperate here! Thanks anyone for any help in any way.

hmmm, i'm not sure, but I'm willing to give away to YOU a duron 1200, able to do 1300. Provided that you will fold with it and stay at least until you hit 10,000 points if possible? what da ya think? a deal?

ps. if you don't know what folding is go to the folding section in this forum :D

Last edited:
I would love that offer. Right now the computer Im on (My girlfriends computer, my old one I built and gave to her about a year or two ago) I have folding night and day. I wont let her turn it off. She doesnt understand te concept of folding but she understands Im passionate about it. The only problem is I need to change my folding name to something else because I can never see how many work unit I have done. I put my name as Jon and between me and the other thirty Jons that are lisetd uner there I dont know which projects are my old one. GO TEAM OVERCLOCKERS!! WHOOT!!

Back