• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus A7V333 rev1.4 bigest chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

angellonewolf

Registered
i have a asus a7v333 what is the bigest chip eg can i put in
333fsb chips and up to what size and would i need to flash
bios is the anyother problemswith this board ?

thanks inadvance for any help given i have just bought the board
and think i have made a mistake

What bios are you using?

The latest bios' should allow you to use the new bartons.

when you say should have you got abarton running on your
boardand if so what size chip

NO barton for me but I know that the newer bios (like 1016, 1017) will let you run a barton.

you should listen to maxima on this one... as far as im concerned he and i have been through all the crazy hard ships that these earlier a7v333s were. I couldn't figure out if my board supported the 1/5 (166mhz bus) devider for like 2 months... Macima helped me figured it out for me through links and etc. so i stand by his statements....

Any way he stickin with that board for now it seems and is rockin the hell out of it (more then i could) I still have mine and its making a danke file server.... but oh well i worked that thing.

OptPrime

i have the rev1.4 what do you say was the best
bios to put in the board

thanks again for your help

i have rev 1.2 and a new 2800+ and a brand new MCX462-V from swiftech with a brand new tornado(way too loud) and i cant get the temps below 62C freaken celcius i had to take it out and put my 2000+ back in and it still runs at 48-51c and i have flashed bios 17 in and i just flashed the beta 18 in to see if anything changes but it didnt, i think i just need a new board.......3 case fans also

Thanks for the kind words Optimus Prime. I'm just here to share what little knowledge I have to anyone who needs it.

Anyway, I'm using the 1017 bios but haven't found any difference between it and the earlier 1016, 1015 and 1014 performance wise.

Back