• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LED Corsair PC4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hehe i think it looks stuipd ;d who really need status leds on their ram?? its just a way for corsair to rack in the cash

cherryp00t said:
the LEDS are for activity.. there's a review of this ram on anandtech.com
pfft, pointless then. I could see if it measured temps then it would really be worth it, but ah well :)

Not only do they have LEDs, but is that the word "Xtreme" I see on there?! :rolleyes:

I gotta admit, it is neat looking though. We are finally reaching the days when computers really do have a light show like you see in the movies :D

thats completely stupid, the memory would always be in use so itd just constantly be flashing

phrowzen said:
thats completely stupid, the memory would always be in use so itd just constantly be flashing
Thats kinda why I was thinking if it read temps, it would actually have a good use to it.

Cowboy X said:
Here is some of the fastest ram around but now with performance leds on the top :D . This is the first time memory could be posted in the case mods section too :) .

http://www.ipkonfig.com/Reviews/Memory/CorsairTwinX-4000Pro/

this has been posted a couple times.... but I dont see how store bought RAM with a couple LEDs on it is considered a case mod :rolleyes: they are cool looking though, I'll give it that.

phrowzen said:

Hey if the memory malfunctions you will know it right away rather than having to troubleshoot all the other components.

This is a great idea, a great novelty and if I didnt already have great memory I'd buy it.

Cowboy X said:
How fast do the leds flash ?

How much time is spent in the red or green zones ??

Do you notice much difference at load ?

depends on the load !

with prime led's glow:)

idle only the green is on:)

the LED looks to me like "Running Devils" or pimps:)

Pricey stuff :eek:. Anybody know if corsair is coming out with a 256mb version of these?

-Tony

More proof that the import car crowd builds computers.

:rolleyes:

haha they actually put this in the review:

There are no real benefits having these LED lights on top of the memory; let's get that straight. They are only there for looks, but looks they have. Of course, they can be used to determine if the memory modules are bad. (Actually, servers could benefit more from such technology, but a server case would have to be opened to see LED activity.) Those heavily into case modding will find these modules great for showing off the inside of their cases through a window. You will be the coolest LAN party geek!

Back