• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+ AQZEA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mustrum

Barton 2500+ AQZEA temperature

Hi guys. I finally put my System together.
I have the AQZEA and immediatly clocked it to 200x10.5 without any Problems.

Before i go any further i'd like to know how i get exact Temperatures.
I used Aida so far and got up to 37 CPU Temperature and up to 52 Motherboard Temperature.

Motherboard Monitor gives me same. (37 on Sensor 1 and 52 max on Sensor 2)
What is Motherboardthemperature and wich of the 2 is the critical one?
I have no clue how to set up MBM5 to be honest.

I might add that i use an arctic cooloing copper silent 2 TC so i wont get very low temperatures even at low clock. (The fan stops if there's not much heat they say.)
Since is want a silent system i wont OC too bad but i think i could go quite a bit further with this cooler easy.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
actually, the 37 is motherboard and 52 is processor temp
if they are both load temperatures (measured while processor was under stress) then it's ok, roughly same as mine
what's your voltage (look for "vcore" in aida) ?

They are both load. It get them after hours of gaming.
Voltage is at stcok. (1.65)

I'd like to know what is critical and rom what temp it's considered bad. (I wont OC any further atm i think since i have more than enough performance for now)
Idle i get about 45 CPU and 28 to 32 mobo.
Idle the CPU is going from 43 to 48 because the silent cooler is temperature controlled. It cuts down the RPM of the fan.

Ya... like borg said as far as which is which, however I would not OC any more with thems like that... deffinatly hold it there. Though a CPU can work at higher temps, I start to get nervous around 50C and up, I like to keep it below that. Since you are going for silience and not a super fancy pancy OC that is an OK temp, but not what I would like if I could help it (too each his own). Somthing you might try is lowering your vcore and see if you can run at the same speed, you may not be able to but if you can it SHOULD lower your temp a deg. or few...

The lower temp is your case temp (kinda, the sensor is usualy in a bad spot for me...), if it is withing a few deg. of your room temp than its fine otherwise you may want to fix up the airflow in your case to get lower temps, either by buying a new case or modifying your current...

I'm not sure but i think thios cooler is aiming for that temp. Idling it lets it up to 50 sometimes then it goes doen a bit again.
Doing harcore gaming never lets the temp go over 52 though.
i'll try undervoltig it now.

Edit: i can't undervolt it. 1.65 is lowest the a7n8x deluxe v2.0 let me do. Using 1005 bios.
Should i flash the 1006 over it or is the 1005 ok?

I might also add that it's nearly 30 degrees room temp here atm. Damn it's hot!!!

Last edited:
I just searched the web a bit.
Bartons are stable up to 85 degrees and critical (for damage) is 110 degrees.
Running it at 52 can't be that bad then right?

I might add that a loud system drives me insane. :D

those values (over 85) are usualy the sign that your active cooling is dead ;)
AFAIK, all temps over 60-70 lead to very increased waste of electricity (wasted on heating) which than in turn boosts up the temps even more and get the processor in a very bed position where it's actually progressively heating itself
btw I have bios warning at 65 and shutdown at 70

and yes, running at 52 is good ;)

mustrum said:
I just searched the web a bit.
Bartons are stable up to 85 degrees and critical (for damage) is 110 degrees.
Running it at 52 can't be that bad then right?

I might add that a loud system drives me insane. :D

Well if all were stable than most would be able to OC almost infinitly on Phasechange.... or LN2... when overclocking that is not the case, and even stock its not always the case.

cherryp00t said:
52 aint bad at stock but when you OC you also need to upgrade your cooling =d
It's not stock!!
I just crancked it up to 200.11 = xp3200+ and it's on 52 still.
I love this CPU. That on normal standard core voltage.

I think he meant stock cooling. Buts not that either, though as far as I know it may as well be since I have never heard of your HS... but its fine if you don't try for much more, and can't spend some money on a better HS.

Never heard of arctic cooling???
Hmm maybe they aren't everywhere as well known as over here.
It's a swiss company making the greatest silent fans there is.
There is no better HS. (Well there is but then it's loud.)

With this HS the only thing you really hear is the fan of the radeon 9700 pro and the PSU fans.

I wont try for more. an XP3200+ for the price of an 2500+ is more than i wanted. :)
I just feared it will blow up on me. :)
As long it will live about 2 years on that temperature i am happy.
I guess it shoul since there is stock clocked CPUs running at this temperature when you buy them and i didn't up vcore as well.

If it blows... it wasn't expensive. :)

I doubt that anything would beat a hunk of coper as big as a slk900 or that new Swiftech thing... and since a bigger fan allows for more airflow with the same noise... could be though.

Got a link?

nvm

ya... I highly doubt that thing could beat a well set up SLK900... though it is possible:D meh Ill shut up now.

Nah i didn't mean it that way. They are unbeatable in performance as SILENT cooler. A SLK900 will beat it by far of course.

It's a copper/aluminium cooler btw. (Copper for contact with die.

link: www.arctic-cooling.com

I know i'd have to install a highperformance (high noise) cooler for more mhz but a xp3200+ is enough for me atm. :)

Priming atm. Getting 58 degrees!
In starwars galaxies i got a high of 62!! (Rocksolid stable though. Playing all day!)
Should i clock it down?

Last edited:
mustrum said:
Nah i didn't mean it that way. They are unbeatable in performance as SILENT cooler. A SLK900 will beat it by far of course.

It's a copper/aluminium cooler btw. (Copper for contact with die.

link: www.arctic-cooling.com

I know i'd have to install a highperformance (high noise) cooler for more mhz but a xp3200+ is enough for me atm. :)

Priming atm. Getting 58 degrees!
In starwars galaxies i got a high of 62!! (Rocksolid stable though. Playing all day!)
Should i clock it down?

I suppose if its stable... I did have a look at the cooler and I still think a SLK with a quite 92mm fan would do better (but thats fine if you use it). If I got up that high I would turn it down but if temp isn't a big thing AND its totaly rock stable I suppose its fine, I bet stock ones usualy run at that:D

I ran prime95 for a bit now and it brought an error. Didn't crash to desktop but stopped. That was at XP3200 speeds.
A full day of gaming didn't do any harm tho and that at 30+ ambient temp. I might add that i surfed and did other stuff while prime was running.
At XP3000+ prime runs stable for hours now.
I leave it at xp3000+ for now but the voices in my head tell me to goto 3200+ again. :D

Is that ok or will it :mad:

Btw: There's only a temp difference of like 1 or 2 degrees between 3000 and 3200 if at all.

Hmm. maybe run at 3000 and when it gets to slow buy a SLK900 and run it at 3400 or more. :D

The slk900 is 55 euros without a fan here!! I wont buy that anytime soon. That's more than half the CPU price. I rather burn up the CPU ehehehehe

Well I suppose its ok but by the OCing standards here anything much over 50C isn't safe, since its not stable in Prime I would back it down until it is since the tempuarature is pretty high. Ususally I just game test it but since your temp is high...

Although the SLK 900 is the best it's not worth the money in my opinion as you can get an SK-7 for less than half the price and still have 90-95% of the performance a SLK900 would give.
I also think that the cooler you have looks kinda crappy, I bet that with a good cooler like the thermal right (the SK7, SLK800/900) and a good quiet fan would do better.

If it's crashing prime it's not 100% stable. Back off a bit. Corrupt systems can gradually degrade as the errors slowly 'stack' up, i.e. an error here and an error there get saved to disk, then more errors, and so on and so forth. It's usually more of a problem when it comes to memory, but regardless it's not good to run unstable. I go for 12 hours worth of prime, but some nuts on here like to go 48 hours.

--Illah

Back