• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok this is wierd..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

allright i was changing some bios settings and tweaking and system failed to boot so i gave up tweaking and just loaded optimized defaults and rebotted my machine and my 2500+ detected as a 3200+ so i went into bios and yep it was all set as a 3200+. i loaded fail safe defaults and it was still a 3200+ so i thought maybe my bios was having a bad day but nope WCPUID and CPU-Z and windows detect my 2500+ as a 3200+. i even cleared the CMOS and it still detects as a 3200+ so what has caused this problem? well actually its not a problem and i aint complaining cause its rock solid but what hell is going on??? i can post a screenshot of windows detecting if u dont beleive me

Sounds like a miss label (on AMDs part) unless you messed with the bridges whats the CPU batch / code there could be more out there :D

well its been running as a 2500+ for 2 days now since i bought it. well actually i have had it overclocked for 2 days so i couldnt be 100% sure on that but i checked the label before i put it in and its an AQXEA 0331 and i think it was VPMW. the default Vcore is 1.60 and a 3200+ is 1.65v so i dont think its a mis label just an error from my board i presume unless i cooked the CPU or something

ok well it seems to have fixed itself after i changed settings again and it failed to post.. ohwell it was good while it lasted. heh i had a $800 CPU which i paid $170 for w00t

Back